Procrastination

Procrastination is something a lot of people suffer from. I'm sure we have all had that moment, when we've thought okay I'll do my work the next day, it's one week away, and then suddenly the day comes. And you make up that one excuse 'sorry Miss I left it at home'. Now the reason procrastination starts is because of time. People always think they have enough time, but I will explain why this is bad. 

So Maya (using my name as an example because I am a rather cute child..  maybe a unicorn wrote that, wow this is a long bracket.. make way long bracket coming through), well Maya has a homework task she has to do which is in for Wednesday, Maya receives the homework task on Monday, and she thinks HAHA no need to worry I have two days. What Maya does not understand is that she only has Monday and the next day, so when one day goes by, it is Tuesday- and Maya is freaking out thinking what do I do? So she goes to sleep late, and this affects her performance. Now this is a problem which many, many teenagers suffer from.

Now, I am not saying do all of your homework, in one night- what I am saying is to make a head start. That tiny little step is better than not a single drop of ink being used. This little word is more significant than nothing. So next time you're thinking maybe I should check my news-feed,you should be pulling a face and thinking 'Oi you there, are you going to make my piece of paper, magically complete?'. The answer is no. Sure it's  rather good ( interesting.. *innocent face*) to be keeping up to date with the latest gossip on social-networking sites; however half of the time, the person doesn't even know we are 'stalking' them so you might as well log out off whatever you use and get on with some hard work.

Also, I've heard the saying or mantra, that you should do your hardest tasks first. But you know what? I disagree. If you want to do the hardest task first, this will worry you quite a lot, and in the time you spend trying to make yourself mentally ready for this task, you've wasted a lot of time you could have spent on potentially finishing an easier task. So, next time you should focus on the easier homework task since that leaves you with one finished task, and when you feel more confident after this you should be geared up to start the harder homework task. Since once all of your easier tasks are completed you have no obstructions in its way.

You should prioritise. If one of your tasks is something you're going to be assessed one, the quality you put in it should be accentuated. Yes, it is important to complete all of your tasks to a high degree, but the level-assessed task is what will most likely contribute to your overall grade/level/score. Okay you're probably thinking I've gone off topic here, well maybe now you feel like your eyes have 'suddenly opened'. But that is totally wrong!  

One of the main reasons procrastination happens is because of your mind thinking no, no I can't do this. Well, I believe in you, sure I'm addressing you as a 'collective term'. You could mean a mouse or even a table. Despite these possible problems, aren't my personal pronouns showing you, the reader, that one person is willing to believe in you? By learning about overcoming the 'dread' of workload, you should easily combat procrastination.

Now I have another topic to discuss (please read the following in an old man accent).. or not. It has been brought to my attention by my own thinking, that the word procrastination is very long.  Fifteen letters to be precise. Now the word procrastination is used to describe a process called slow-worm syndrome (+1 to my creativity). Now slow-worm syndrome is the ongoing urge to put off a task due to its difficulty or boring-ness-ness-ness *insert yawn*. But the procrastination is a contradiction in itself, because if someone was trying their best to avoid a task, then the person who invented the word, sure did spend a lot of time putting all of these letters together. Therefore, this word procrastination proves that you can beat procrastination, because the person who made this word was obviously not lazy.

On the television there are many teenagers in programs that do absolutely nothing, yet somehow they are really clever. What you may not realise is that television 'people' crave for their views, they need their program to be the most-watched. Be honest, who actually wants to watch a program where half of it is taken up from the person being in school learning and taking notes, then returning and doing their work. No-one would want to. Even the actors who play these roles, have not actually procrastinated, it takes a lot of time to learn lines... a lot of time and effort.