Chapter 5

Zoe's POV

I leant back against the sofa, breathing heavily, as Alfie went to get the pizza. I couldn't believe what had just happened. Me and Alfie! It felt so right, yet part of me felt like I shouldn't be doing it. He was so irresistible. So smooth. The way he whispered to me, the way he kissed me. Nothing about that kiss had been rushed. It was soft and gentle and pretty much perfect.

Alfie walked back into the room with our pizzas and two glasses of coke. We watched a film, ate our pizza and then sat curled up on the sofa just listening to music and talking. Alfie slowly put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me against his chest. "Alfie?" I asked quietly, "what are we doing? Are we friends? More than friends? What?" He looked into my eyes, making my heart flutter. "I know what I'd like us to be..." he murmured, kissing the top of my head. "and what's that, Alfie?"

Alfie's POV

"How about I show you?" I whispered in her ear, turning to face her properly and moving my lips to the base of her neck. She shivered, but not from the cold. My hands wrapped around her waist, half lifting, half guiding her onto my lap. "Is this ok?" I asked, running my lips up her neck, placing kisses all the way up until I reached the corner of her mouth. "mmm..." she murmured, moving her fingers into my hair and pressing her body closer against mine. I could feel myself wanting her more and more with each touch. I rolled over so Zoe was pressed against the sofa and I was hovering over her. She giggled, sliding her hands under my top and saying "I never thought you'd like me in this way.." This surprised me. I had always thought the same about Zoe, presumed she was out of my league and would never go for a guy like me.

"What's not to like, Little One? Your beautiful smile..." I said, kissing her, my tongue gently tracing the outside of her lips. "Your rosy cheeks when you blush..." I stroked her cheek lightly. "Your gorgeous eyes..." I murmured, gazing into them, before kissing her again, more passionately this time. I groaned as we sank into the sofa. Zoe seemed to be getting more and more into this and I could feel myself going the same way. My hands slid up her side, taking off her cardigan as I went. Zoe looked up at me before reaching for the buttons of my shirt. After a few minutes, Zoe broke away, placing her finger on my lips as I started to protest. "Not tonight, Alfie." I stared at her, feeling a grin form on my face. "You're such a tease..." I whispered against her lips, putting my top back on but laying my head against her chest. "You love it, Mr Deyes" she giggled, running her fingers along my chest. And she was right, that was something I couldn't deny.