Chapter 2

Zoe's POV

As Louise and I stood at the bar, a dark haired guy came over, smiling. "Hey, I'm Alfie from PointlessBlog and my friend Marcus Butler is just over there" he said, pointing at a lighter haired boy. Louise and I introduced ourselves. When our drinks arrived we looked around for somewhere to sit, when Alfie said "Why don't we all sit together? I'll go and get Marcus." Louise and I smiled, glad that we would have someone to sit with instead of being by ourselves.

We found two leather sofas, facing each other. Louise and I sat on one while Alfie and his friend Marcus sat on the other. We all got on really well, talking, laughing and joking together. I immediately clicked with Alfie. He was sweet, funny, cheeky and good looking. He was the sort of guy I'd like to get to know better. As Louise and Marcus went to the bar to get another round of drinks, Alfie moved to sit where Louise had been, on the sofa next to me.

"So, Zoe" he said, his eyes crinkling in the corner as he smiled at me, "how about recording a video together soon?" The thought of filming a video with Alfie excited me and I suggested that we do each others make up. "Oh, god!" Alfie laughed. "That sounds like a good video though. You could come over to mine to film it? If I take your - I mean - could I have your number?" he stuttered, clearly nervous, which was so cute. "You know, so I could text you about the video".

Alfie's POV

Zoe laughed when I asked for her number, clearly sensing my nerves. As she typed it into my phone, I couldn't stop myself from staring at her. She really was so beautiful. Zoe handed back my phone and moved to sit closer to me. "I'm looking forward to this" she said, her hand on my arm. "Me too" I said, looking into her eyes, realising what a pretty colour blue they were. It was at this point that Marcus and Louise came back, causing us to look away from each other's eyes.

At the end of the night, when we were all saying our goodbyes, Zoe turned to me, holding her arms out for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, whispering in her ear "I'll text you". She smiled up at me as we stepped out of our embrace.

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Alfie's POV

The doorbell rang, making me jump. I had been pacing nervously around the living room, waiting for Zoe to arrive. It was two weeks since the YouTube party and today was the day we had agreed to film our video together. Since that day, I'd thought more and more about Zoe. She was funny, kind, sweet, beautiful. If I had to define my type, it would be her. Unfortunately for me, she only liked me as a friend.

I opened the door, smiling and hugging Zoe as she stepped out of the cold. "I've been so excited to film this, Alfie" she said, taking out a make up bag. "Me too, though maybe I shouldn't have been" I joked, laughing as she starting pulling out what seemed like hundreds of make up products. "Shall we just get started then?" I asked, and she nodded enthusiastically.

Zoe's POV

Filming with Alfie was so much fun. He was a good laugh and a genuinely nice guy. I couldn't help thinking that he was everything I looked for in a boyfriend. He'd never like me in that way though. He thought of me as a friend, nothing more. "don't forget to like and subscribe. Also, subscribe to Zoe, her links are below" Alfie said before we both waved goodbye at the camera.

"I really enjoyed filming with you, Zoe" Alfie said, moving to sit on the sofa, I went over to sit next to him, placing my hand on his shoulder "me too, Alfie. We should do another video soon." His eyes lit up as he said "I've been tagged to do the love tag. Maybe we could do that around valentines day?" A smile crept over my face and I quickly agreed. "What are you grinning at, Miss Sugg?" Alfie asked, gently poking my cheek. "Nothing" I giggled. Alfie leant over, tickling me "I'm not stupid, Zoe. Tell me!" he laughed, his hands either side of me, trapping me between his body and the sofa. I looked into his eyes, smiling and he looked into mine, moving a strand of hair off my face. Just at that moment Alfie's sister, Poppy, burst into the room, making us move away from each other, blushing. Damn. Now it felt awkward. "I better go, Alfie. Text me about meeting up for another video soon?" I said as I picked up my stuff, heading towards the front door.