"You know... I didn't want to tell you because I sort of had a feeling it wasn't right. He's a total jerk and you're a totally amazing person. But still I knew you had some hope left in yourself that could turn him into something better and secretly I hoped he would someday too. I didn't tell you this because I wanted you to keep talking some sense into him like you did all the time. I wanted your words to hit him hard and make him regret what he did to me, your friends, all those girls and especially what he did to you... Come on, we all know how much you like him and you want to turn him into a better person. Amarah thinks the same." I said, grinning. "And I know for sure the only reason you were speaking some sense into him was because you cared about him, not some other ulterior motive but you genuinely cared about him." Khatirah was staring at me horrified. 

"'Kay Samaar..." She said slowly. "Let's get this straight. I do not like him. I mean sure I probably liked him when we were kids but ha! No way will I ever like a jerk like him. Sure I care about him but that's only because I feel like I owe it to..." Khatirah stares at me confused, and I stare behind her, scared out of my mind. What does he want? "Samaar, what's wrong with you?" She asked looking back. She turns around and sees Jaffar standing right behind her. She turns back to me, and shrugs, not even trying to acknowledge Jaffar standing behind her. "What's wrong with you Samaar?" She asks. "You look like you've seen a ghost." I then stared at her in horror. How does she do that? How can she ignore him like that? "Now where was I?" She asks me in a serious tone. "I don't quite remember... Oh, do you have a brother by any chance cuz there...." She was interrupted by Jaffar.

"Khatirah..." He says slowly. He stares at the back of her head as he opens his mouth with difficulty. It didn't seem like he wanted to talk but he forced the words out anyways. "Can I talk to you?" Khatirah stops talking but she doesn't turn around. She's looking at the edge of the table as she mumbles something to me. 

"Do I hear a rat or what?" I'm staring intensly at Khatirah and I can tell she doesn't know what to do. 

"Khatirah... Go. Go talk to him." I whisper and I know Jaffar doesn't care at the moment about Khatirah ignoring him. Because from the looks of it all he wants to do is talk to Khatirah. Khatirah gets up, and turns to Jaffar looking at the ground. 

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." She said not really caring, but I can tell her mind was going through panic. Deep panic. "Did you need something?" She asks, trying to make it short. 

"Can we talk in private?" He asks as he raises his hand to scratch his head which contains his amazingly curly brown hair. Well that's all I saw of him. I looked to the side to see Sheath walking in with Afsar and a couple of other guys. Why is Sheath here? I drop my gaze as he approaches me. He looks a little mad. Khatirah looks back and sees Sheath grab my hand and drag me away to Allah knows where. None of his friends followed. In fact some of them just sat down in the cafeteria while Afsar just stared at Jaffar. Jaffar didn't pay any attention.  

"Samaar." Sheath says. 

"Well Wa-alaikumasalaam to you too, Sheath." I say, getting a little irritated. He stares at me again with an angry face, then looks away shyly and says salaam to me too. "What's wrong with you so suddenly?" I ask in a soft voice. I was scared of that soft voice. We were standing in a corner as Sheath's friends were watching us. 

"Samaar... Well I just came to visit Afsar since he needed help with something but didn't I tell you not to go ten meters close to that guy?" He asked. 

"He unexpectedly came and I didn't really know what to do..." I said, looking down. Should I have ran away? 

"Okay, that's fine but next time please don't stick around to see him any longer than three seconds. He's not normal, and I know that because I've talked and fought with him before." He says.