Chapter 19

He opens the door for me and I sit inside his car. Or whatever it is. Australians call them Utes, Americans call them trucks. Whatever it's called that's what I'm currently sitting inside of. 

He hops in the drivers side and doesn't say anything. He starts up the car and drives out of the school car park. 

"So how's Unovria?" Jackson asks.

"Please stop with the small talk." I say and look at him.

He glances at me, smiling.

"What are you so happy about?" I ask.

"Justine's still at the dance."

"What?"

"Yeah, Justine's back there." He says, "With Chris." He clarifies. 

"Take me back!" I demand.

"Oh look," He says, "McDonald's." He says and starts pulling in to the drive thru.

"What? Jackson! Either take me home or take me back to Justine." I say.

"No can do, Princess." He says, rolling down his window and giving me a wink.

"Hi welcome to McDonald's may I take your order?" The man over the microphone says.

"Yeah hi," Jackson begins, "Want anything?" He asks me.

I lean over to the speaker, "As many chicken nuggets my boyfriend can buy on this lovely evening." I say. Jackson needs to pay for what he's done to me.

His jaw drops and I sit back, grinning. 

"And how much would that be?" The man asks.

"Hold on a sec," Jackson says, shaking his head and grabbing out his wallet. He sorts through all the sections in his wallet. "I have fifty bucks.." He says.

"So five ten packs of chicken nuggets. Is that all?

"Actually." I say, leaning over, "Can you make that four chicken nugget packs and a chocolate milkshake?"

"Two milkshakes." Jackson butts in. I look at him and he smiles at me.

"So, four packs of chicken nuggets and a chocolate milkshake." He reads back.

"Yes."

"You can drive to the next window now." He says, and Jackson starts driving slowly to the next window.

He stays silent, driving to the next window. 

...

"Thanks." Jackson says, hands me the two milkshakes and starts driving off again. I put our milkshakes into the cup holders and he dumps the bag of nuggets on my lap.

Jackson drives for a bit before pulling into an empty car park. He hops out of the car and I follow him round to the back. He opens up the back section and lays down a picnic rug that was sliding around while we were driving. 

He goes back into the front and grabs both our milkshakes, setting them down in the back and then grabbing the bag. He hops up onto the back and I look at him.

"You just gonna stand there gawking at me?" He asks.

I glare and do my best to scoot onto the truck. I move to the window and lean my back against it. Jackson laughs and sits next to me. I scoot to my right, making sure we don't accidentally touch each other and make things awkward.

He takes out the boxes of nuggets and sets them down between our outstretched legs, at the same time handing me my milkshake.

"Thanks." I say and take a sip. 

He looks at my dress and says, "I like your dress." 

"Thanks," I reply, "Kevin - uh my stylist sent it over."

He nods, "He know's what he's doing."

"Sure does." I say and starting munching my food.

"So." He says. 

"So." I reply.

"How are your nuggets?" He asks.

"Chicken-y." I say and he laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask.

"You." He says, staring at me.

I grab another nugget and look around the car park. "Mm, these chicken nuggets are so good." I say, avoiding his stare as best I can. 

"What, you can't even look at me now?" He asks. More grumpy then before.

"Well when you say stuff like that!!" I yell, also getting angry at him.

"Like what? Like you're funny??" 

"Yes like I'm funny!"

"You're acting as if I'm the one who lied and went away for ages!!" He yells at me.

"No! I'm acting as if you're the one who ignored me for those months!" I yell back, hopping off the back of the truck. 

"What was I supposed to say?" He yells, also hopping off the back of the truck, standing in front of me.

"Oh I don't know, how about oh don't worry Arabella I understand why you did what you did!" I shriek. 

"Well then I'm sorry and I don't know why you did what you did!" 

"Ugh! You're so annoying!!" I yell take a few steps away from him. "Look, I didn't think I was going to get so close to someone and then everything just happened. It was like a blur it feels like just yesterday we were in the hallway on my first day here and all you said was move." When I turn around he's right there. Right in front of me. Looking down at me. "And now everything is changing, I'm a queen, meaning I have a country to run, I have whatever we're doing to deal with, and then there's Robert."

"So I'm just something you have to deal with now? Ouch." He mumbles and takes a few steps back from me.

I grab his arm and pull him to face me. "You know that's not what I mean."

"Then what did you mean?"  He asks. 

"I just mean that there's lots of problems in my life right now!" I say.

"Oh even better!! I'm just another problem in your life then?" He asks.

"That's not what I'm saying!!" He raises an eyebrow, "Okay that is what I'm saying but I didn't mean for it to sound like that!" I clarify.

"Then what did you mean?"

"I don't know.." I whisper. He takes that step closer to me and he's right there again. I look up at his face, his eyes looking back down at mine. We stand there in silence, my hand still clutching his wrist. I glance down and quickly let go, pulling my hand to my chest quickly, looking down again. He chuckles and I glare at him. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." He says, "Hey, I just realised."

"What?" I ask as his hand reaches up to my face, he slowly pulls off my mask i had been wearing all night.

"You've been wearing this all night.."

=======

WELL?? 

Okay, there's a few things I would like to address here, first off, 11.3k (cross that out and insert a whopping 18.2k!!) reads. Woah. Thank you guys so much.

Second, DID YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER??? Right from the beginning of this chapter I knew I wanted Jackson to take off Arabella's mask.. So there we go. Hope you liked it. 

Um also I know it's been forever since I uploaded. On Sunday we had a crazy storm and we had power out til Wednesday and then our WiFi and phone line was down but its back up now so I hope you enjoy also please comment where I've made mistakes and constructive criticism is always helpful.

Vote, comment, the other one..

BYEEE <3 :)