A Spark of Life

Ruby's POV

"Black Queen Virus....?" Weiss asked her soulmate uncertainly. The small girl nodded,"Our boss was originally going to use it to create panic and widespread fear. After all, whoever controls the CCT controls every broadcast going out to the rest of the world." "Control the CCT? How is that even possible?!" Weiss looked at her wide-eyed. "It is entirely possible. Any technology can be hacked into. It just depends on your patience, skill, and how much time you have on your hands," Blake looked at the scroll in Neo's hand in apprehension.

Time Skip

Neo was released from the infirmary two days after the pair had landed in Beacon's courtyards bloody and beaten. Ozpin had advised her to change her appearance fearing she might get recognized, and she had taken his advice; her hair was now a dark midnight blue with streaks of lighter blue going through them with white at the tips. She was staying with my team for the time being, which meant more room for material objects was needed. Ozpin had gladly given us more storage space; we now had three wardrobes with multiple stackable shelves. Neo and Weiss were sharing a bed so thankfully we didn't need to squeeze any more furniture into the already cramped room.

We were currently in Oobleck's class listening to the man rapidly fire off facts about Mountain Glenn. Neo had attempted to take notes at the beginning of the class, but gave up quickly when she realized that there was no way she could write as fast as the professor could talk. Five dings went off simultaneously, and everyone in the class turned as my team and Neo awkwardly pulled out our scrolls. "Would any of you care to tell me why your scrolls just went off?" Oobleck glared at us. I opened my mouth to answer when my eyes caught the message.

"He's awake!" I shrieked before I threw all my things into my backpack and shot out of my seat. Without waiting for the remaining four, I activated my semblance and sped towards the infirmary. A few seconds later, I skidded to a stop in front of the infirmary door amid a shower of rose petals. I eased the door open and dropped my bag next to one of the coathanger hooks before heading towards the private room. Cautiously, I poked my head in.

"Don't worry Red, I don't bite," a raspy voice came from the inside. I stepped in fully to see Ozpin sitting next to a very awake Torchwick. "Actually I think it's your appearance that scares me the most," I joked at him. "You wound me," he threw me a signature smirk. His appearance did look sickly though; even though I had healed the burns, his hair was gone and he still had scarring. There was also still extensive damage to his muscles which would need therapy to recover. "So Mr. Torchwick, do you accept?" Torchwick looked at Ozpin,"Yeah, I do. It's not like you're giving me much of a choice in the matter." Ozpin chuckled at this and stood up,"Get well soon, Professor."

"Professor?" I looked at Torchwick confused. "Ozpin offered me a job position here at Beacon providing that I give up my criminal ways," he drily laughed,"Not like I'm in a position to refuse; if Cinder gets ahold of me again I'm dead." My eyes widened,"That's who your old boss is right?" Roman's eyes widened in a mix of terror and shock. "You're not supposed to know that," he paled,"I've just put you and everyone in Beacon in danger with that knowledge."

"Who else is there?" I marched up to the man and sat on his bedside. Torchwick glanced at Ozpin who was quietly standing by the doorway before he shook his head. "I can't say anymore," he looked torn. "Mr. Torchwick, you've already revealed the name of your previous employer. How is revealing more information going to be different?" Ozpin peered at him over his spectacles.

Roman scoffed,"Professor Ozpin, have you ever seen or met a god?" The headmaster furrowed his brows in confusion,"No. But I don't see how this relates to the situation at hand." Roman waved his hand towards Ozpin weakly,"If you ever fought a god, would you win?" ".....No?" "My point exactly," Roman seemed to sink even deeper into the bed,"My previous employer wasn't just some run-of-the-mill crime lord. She has obscene powers, abilities that you couldn't even begin to fathom. I basically already have the wrath of an incarnation of a god on my back; I'm not bringing you all into it." At this, Ozpin tucked his cane under his arm and set down his coffee mug. Rubbing his temple between his fingers, he took out his scroll growling,"Of course it had to be her."