Breakfast Questions

Roman's POV

I couldn't keep the smirk off my face at Red's reaction to my disguise. Of course, I couldn't have done it without Neo, she was the one who had found (stolen) the wig and clothes in record time. The gun was from my own personal collection, just a little something I had kept in the back of my closet next to the figurative skeletons.

"Table for two please," I said to the hostess. I gently tapped Red on the head and she started, having been shaken from whatever thoughts were in her head. We followed the hostess to a table next to the window, where we were handed menus.

"Hello my name is Cyan, can I get you two something to drink? Oh hi Ruby!" a blue haired waiter appeared next to the table.

"Coffee, black," I said before turning my attention back to the menu.

"Hi Cyan! Coffee with cream and five sugars," was Red's answer, causing me to look at her in shock.

"No milk today?" Cyan looked at her in amusement. She stuck her tongue out at him as he turned to go into the kitchen.

"Five sugars? How do you not have diabetes?!" I stared at her in amazement.

She shrugged,"I don't know I've always had my coffee that way."

"Hmm... so tell me Red, what's good here on the menu?"

"Basically everything," she answered back.

"Alright then, you pick for me," I set my menu down. Ruby waved to Cyan again, who promptly walked over.

"Country skillet for him, and my usual," she told him.

"Honestly I'm jealous of your metabolism..." he muttered as he took down our order.

"What does he mean by that?" I raised an eyebrow at her. She shrugged innocently in return.

About 20 minutes later, my jaw dropped in shock as Cyan came towards our table with a tray piled with food. He set down my plate in front of me (which actually looked quite delicious) and a large array of foods in front of Red.

"If your mouth is open any longer you're going to start catching flies," she snickered at me.

"How..." I trailed off as she started digging into a stack of pancakes. I shook my head in amazement at her before starting on my own food.

"You want to play 20 questions?" she asked me after 10 minutes of quiet silence between us.

I shrugged,"Go ahead."

"Hmm...what was the first thought that came to your mind when you woke up this morning?"

"I'm going to meet a Huntress in Training. Am I trying to get myself killed?" I laughed dryly,"Have you ever gotten pulled over by a cop?"

"I'm not old enough to drive yet but the cops in Patch knew not to mess with my sister when she was riding her motorcycle," Ruby stabbed an egg with her fork,"Dad had to ship Bumblebee over to Vale because she wanted to ride around."

"I remember her," I snorted,"Your sister trashed my best friend's club."

She winced a little,"I'm going to guess that the one she kicked out of the window was your best friend. How is he by the way?"

"I think he's fine now but he's scared shitless of your sister," I took another bite,"Is she really that scary?"

"Well if you actually get her mad enough to the point where she explodes, yeah. Also Junior got the worst of it because he ripped out some of her hair."