Turbulence

Ruby's POV

I woke up around 6:30, which was normal for me as I was always the first one up at home. As I moved around, finding the various pieces of my school uniform, Blake stirred next, Yang following suit soon after. Within a half hour, the three of us were all dressed and cleaned up. Weiss was the only one still asleep. I glanced at the clock just in time for it to turn 7:00, and I crept near Weiss, a whistle held in my hand. As she woke up, stretching and yawning, I grinned and prepared to blow on the whistle. She opened her eyes, blearily registering my face, right before a loud blast sounded from me and she tumbled out of bed yelping.

"Goooooood morning Team RWBY!" I yelled excitedly, jumping on Weiss' bed. 

"What in the world is wrong with you!" Weiss screeched from her position on the floor. 

"Now that you're awake we can officially begin our first order of business!" I announced. 

"Excuse me?" Weiss stood up, dusting herself off. 

"Decorating!" Yang held up an armful of things happily. 

"What?!" Weiss looked utterly lost. 

"We still have to unpack," Blake held up her suitcase which promptly spilled open,"And uh...clean." 

Weiss half-heartedly glared at the two of them, giving me another opportunity to blow my whistle in her face, sending her to the ground again in shock.

"Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission!" I held up a fist,"Banzai!" 

"Banzai!" Blake and Yang copied me, before the three of us tilted to the right. Weiss stared at us from the ground like we had gone mad, sighing profusely.

Roman's POV

I woke up this morning to a tingling on my right shoulder, and the strangest giddy feelings flowing through me. It was downright creepy and I was starting to regret the soulmark connecting our emotions together. I was supposed to be a ruthless criminal damn it all! Instead I was feeling the emotions of an excitable 15 year old Huntress-in-Training. I crawled out of bed and towards the bathroom. An hour later, I exited amid a cloud of steam, my appearance manicured and not a hair out of place. After changing into my clothes, I grabbed my cane and headed out the door.

About a half hour later, I was in front of Junior's club again. Nodding to the bouncer in front of the door, I strolled in, swinging my cane nonchalantly. 

"Helloo Junior!" I called out to the man who was currently shaking a drink. 

"Hey Roman, give me a sec!" he yelled back. Sliding the drink over to one of the regulars to the club, he wiped his hands and motioned for me to go to his office. A few minutes later, he joined me and rustled through one of the filing cabinets in the large space. 

"Wouldn't it be easier to send the files to my scroll?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Doesn't Cinder like to keep tabs on you?" he snarked back. 

"Right," I groaned,"That woman is a pain in my ass." 

"So why did you team up with her?" 

"When your options are to either join her or die, you kinda have to choose the option where you don't end up six feet under," I grumbled.

"Here." 

I caught the file Junior had tossed at me and I punched her number into my scroll, listing her in my contacts as Red Reaper. With a name like that, Cinder would think that she was an assassin if she hacked into my scroll. I smirked slightly, as the name Red Reaper really was quite deserved. Even though her weapon was an over-sized gardening tool, she could use it with deadly precision. I read her general information as well. Ruby Rose. Age 15. Attended Signal Academy until this year when she was accepted into Beacon Academy two years early. Has an older sister named Yang Xiao Long, a father named Taiyang Xiao Long, and an uncle, Qrow Branwen. No wonder why Red was good at using her scythe, there was another scythe wielder in the family to teach her. I handed the file back to Junior who promptly took a lighter and burned the file.