Run from the Shadows

Ruby's POV

"Well maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!" Blake screamed. The silence in the room weighed down on all of us as Blake seemed to realize what she had just said. "......I-" Terrified, she sprinted out of the door.

"Blake wait! Come back!" I ran to the door and watched her disappear down the hallway. Yang groaned in pain as her mark turned blacker than night.

Time Skip

"She's been gone all weekend," I mumbled as the three of us walked down the streets of Vale to look for Blake.

"Blake's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself," Weiss grumbled.

"Weiss, come on. She's one of our teammates," Yang admonished her.

"Is she?" the white haired girl spat out,"We all heard what she said!"

"Weiss," I gave her a look.

"Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Either way, she's missing, and we need to find her!" Yang looked at her mark sadly.

"A member of the White Fang. Right underneath our noses!"

"I just hope she's okay," I sighed.

~

"Blaaaaaaake?"

"Blaaaaaaaake?!" Yang and I shouted into the street.

"Blaaaaake? Where are youuuuuu?"

"Blaake!" I stopped and turned to my partner,"Weiss, you're not helping!"

"Oh! You know who might be able to help? The police," she sarcastically stated.

"Weiss...." I growled angrily.

"It was just an idea!" she shouted in frustration.

"Yeah, a bad one," I turned away scowling. My scroll buzzed and I surprisingly received a text from Torchwick.

Hey do you think you and the Ice Queen could tone down whatever rotten feelings are coming up? Neo and I have been at each other's throats because our marks keep acting up.

Sorry Roman, our teammate ran off and it's just been a bad weekend.

Well good luck, I hope you find her. I'll talk to you later, I've got a big heist to get ready for ;)

I slapped a hand to my face and continued walking, listening to Yang trying to reason with Weiss. "Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions."

"I think that when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right!" she replied haughtily.

"And I think Weiss' hair looks wonderful today!" another voice popped up behind us.

"Aggghhhhh! Penny! Where did you come from?!" I looked at the girl slightly angry for scaring us.

"Hey guys! What are you up to?" she cheerfully ignored my question.

"Uhh...."

"We're looking for our friend Blake."

"Oooooh you mean the Faunus girl!"

We all stared at her,"Wait how did you know that."

"Uhh, the cat ears?" she pointed to her own head like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What cat ears?" Yang chuckled,"She wears a.... boooooooh...." The sudden realization left us in silence.

"She does like tuna a lot," I mumbled.