6. Interview! - Dec 1984

Interview

December 10, 1984

Prasanthi Nilayam

Interview * Interview * Interview

December 9: Group interview, our group - plus a few misc. Indians. Sai spoke to us the whole time in English, no translator (thank Baba!). (To the Indians, He spoke their language.)

Sai saw our group privately in the Conference room but no personal interviews for individuals (He promised them to all later).

Sai was joyous, humming, child-like and very playful the whole time, He sang, “Love is My Form…” in almost a whisper; and hummed playfully later.

To a few people He gave a comment or two on some aspect of their life, very little, and to only a few. As far as I remember, I'm the only one He spoke to on several things, plus mentioned my future (which I stress is very open in interpretation!)

I will write later with the other details of the interview. This is just the quick, juicy information you probably want.

It was thrilling to hear Sai talk to me and look at me sooo much! But what He said! :-(

Let me say that I have realized several things from this experience: I’ve realized my greatness in evolution by my reaction to His comments: after the initial shock: I'm laughing and am in hysterics over what your reactions will be - !! Even though you’ll be laughing at me, I’ll be laughing with you. Boy you’ll love this! It’s a happening; it’ll change your lives and mode of thinking. You’re minds will be constantly running and imagining all sorts of things. Just remember, Sai’s words are open to interpretation and He’s said many things to many people that don’t come to be, or that are fulfilled in other ways (like, ‘tomorrow’ may mean ‘anytime’).

Another thing I have realized is my complete surrender to God, and my total faith that whatever He wants for me, I’ll do, because I know He knows what is best for me and what will get me to Him the fastest. I still say, even after this, that what He wants I’ll do without even hesitating. (of course, I have to add that I can say this now because no action is required from me at the moment!)

Another thing is, my complete and head-over-heels faith in Sathya Sai Baba as God, Himself, that His word is THEE word and no other in the universe is greater. Here, guys, I'm just gone. That’s the fact - I'm drowned in the Sea of Sai. My reaction to what He said to me is of laughter. It’s really odd. It’s as if my ego has vanished and I'm just so open to Him that I’d do whatever He says is necessary without question, I'm just a total and complete slave to Sai. WOW! Where’s the worry, the anticipation, the depression? Everything’s up to Him, I'm just GONE.

One comment which may help explain my laugher and nonattachment: I’ve usually just lived in the present and have great trouble having faith in the future. Remember Sis at the airport, I said I wasn’t excited or anything, just totally calm because it could be anyone going to India, that it didn’t seem real that it was me? That’s because I wasn’t experiencing it, was calm, unbelieving and unattached until the moment I set eyes on the sacred land of INDIA, when we landed in Madras. That’s the way I am.

Well here goes. The scene: conference room: around half the size of Sis' room with one large red chair for Sai in the corner. In front of Sai, inches from the chair, to the left of Him (lady’s side) were two from our group. I was right behind the two. Sai had just asked someone behind me, “How is your husband?” (Diane, one of my roommates). Her husband is an unbelieving non-devotee). She answered, “He’s fine, uh, he’s at home.” Sai said, “Yes, I know,” and then said a few words on his personality and the disagreements they had with each other. Then Sai looked at me (Uh-oh, I thought, THIS COULD BE IT…)