Chapter 5: Dead To Me

Aria sprinted through the heavy rain towards the Brew. Her dark brown hair soaked up every single drop of  freezing water that pounded down on her. Puddles surrounded the entrance to the shop. Once she entered, a wave of warmth greeted her. Sabrina-she was managing the coffee shop while Ezra was gone- gave Aria a smile and waved. Aria waved back quickly and hastily ran up the stairs to Ezra's room. She knew she had to get this done now. A mixture of salty teardrops and rain rolled down Aria's cheeks. She took off her beautiful vintage ring and placed it on the kitchen table. 

Aria really needed to give their soon-to-be marriage some thought. Ezra left her with no choice but to to think things over. Ezra had reunited with Nicole and was presumably having the time of his life with her right now in Columbia. Aria's heart ached as she thought of the two of their lips entwining. She understood that Nicole meant a lot to Ezra but kissing someone other than your fiance was cheating. Honestly, how many times could a girl forgive and forget?

No. She wouldn't let this get to her. Her life was already chaotic as it was. Now that Aria thought about it, she has way too much baggage anyways. Who knew when A.D would stop torturing them? Who knew when her nightmarish life would come to an end? Probably never. Plus, Ezra deserved to live out a fairy-tale with his perfect,sexy-accented, worldly, long-lost girlfriend...right? 

Lightning flashed and soon afterwards thunder erupted. Aria snapped out of her thoughts. Without realizing it; tears were forming in her eyes and she was shivering. All this stress and horror was really taking a toll on her. She placed a damp letter underneath the shimmering ring. The letter had black inky writing scrawled all over it. In the letter, she explained her thoughts to Ezra. 

Aria sighed deeply and gathered her designer clothes from the hanger. She jumbled all her belongings into a tiny suitcase. Once she was done, she slumped down on a stool by the kitchen table and focused her eyes on a half empty coffee kettle. She had no clue where she would go to. Aria didn't want to bother Hanna or Alison, and she definitely didn't want to live with her parents again. She was officially homeless. Great.

Although, Aria really didn't want it to come to this, she did have one last resort. She scanned Ezra's apartment one last time. She looked at all the novels spread across Ezra's tidy bed and took one last sniff of the cinnamony air. Then she swung the door open and marched down the stairs with her suitcase in hand. Aria pulled out her phone and dialed in a number she hadn't dialed in a while. 

Her phone rang for what seemed to be ages.

"Hello...Aria?" A husky voice  finally greeted her.

"Hey..uh I was wondering if I could stay at your place for a little bit. I have no place to stay and well if it's not any trouble.." Aria trailed off.

"Yeah of course, I'm home right now so you can come over." 

"Thank you! Honestly, I thought I'd have to sleep on a park bench or something. I'll be there soon." Aria chirped. She swiped right to hang up the call.

Aria couldn't help but smile, what better way to get her mind off things for a while?