Chapter 2: Reality Bites

The suspense was too much. Hanna's eyes widened while waiting for the nurse to spit out the news. Did the nurse think this was a joke? Start talking already! The nurse's thin red hair was pulled into a messy ponytail.Her eyes were moving around, making eye contact with the girls.

"Well..Spencer will be okay." A sigh of relief escaped everyone's mouths in unison. "There's still more to the news; Spencer won't be recovering anytime soon, she is in a coma right now but the doctor was able to stop the bleeding."

Poor Spencer. The news was bittersweet, weight was lifted off Hanna's shoulders when she knew Spencer was going to be okay. Caleb and Mona called earlier letting Hanna know that Jenna was nowhere to be seen. Jenna was insane to think that she could shoot Spencer and skip town. Hanna knew she had a right to hold a grudge against the girls. However, blinding Jenna had been an accident. What Jenna did was completely different; she intended to take Spencer's life, and that was way past the limit. Knowing that she was sightless, Hanna had no clue how she had shot Spencer. Hanna sat back in her seat.

The nurse continued. "The doctor is allowing friends to visit Spencer in her room, even though she isn't awake. You can follow me."

Hanna shot back up out of her seat and started to walk close behind the nurse. Alison, Emily, and Aria followed. Hanna didn't speak to any of the girls about last night. She really didn't look forward to re-living the events but, she had no choice. Hanna continued down the long hallway, until the nurse stood by a door that had the numbers 218 printed on it.

"This is it, you can enter." The nurse spoke softly.

Once Hanna went in the room, she was upset to see Spencer's ghostly face. Spencer looked as if she was a Japanese doll. Her skin was very pale. She seemed so fragile, if someone were to touch her she would shatter.

"I can't believe this happened to her." Emily's shaky voice broke the silence.

Hanna looked over at Emily. She was on the verge of crying.

"I can't believe anything that's been happening in our lives." Alison remarked.

"At least we're all together, we can be happy about that." Aria offered. Hanna was really pissed at that statement.

"Aria, there is zero to nothing we can be happy about right now. The only thing I know, is that A.D will make sure we all die together." Hanna barked.

"Hanna, don't say that. We'll find out who A.D is before he can even plan on doing something like that."

Ugh. What does Aria not understand? They had no leads on who A.D could be; Spencer is supposedly Mary Drake's daughter and Noel Kahn is dead. That left them with absolutely nothing.

BUZZ! Hanna jumped up, someone had just messaged her. It better not be freaking A.D. She pulled out her phone...it was just Caleb. Hanna couldn't believe what happened between Caleb and her merely two days ago. It was magical. "Who is it Han?" Alison asked fearfully, taking Hanna out of her thoughts. "Don't worry, it's just Caleb. I have to head out, call me if Spencer wakes up." Hanna said.

Hanna slowly walked towards the door, the beeping noises around Spencer's bed grew distant. Just as she was about to turn the doorknob, all light was gone. There was darkness for what looked like miles. A high-pitched scream was all anyone could hear.