Sick

Alex's POV

"Alex it's time to wake up." I hear my mom say. I open my eyes and go to sit up. As I sit up I wince as my head starts to feel like my brain is getting squeezed. I put my hands on my head and groan. I should probably go get some medicine for this.

I get up and walk to my bathroom to get some medicine for my headache. Once I got the medicine I took some tap water into my hand to swallow it. I then go out of my room and walk toward the kitchen. When I get there I see my mom sitting at the table.

"Hey honey." She says

"Hey." I say and my voice cracks "I have a really bad headache."

"Oh honey." She says and then walks over to me and feels my forehead "you're burning up. Go back to your room and stay home today."

"Ok" I say and then walk away and go back to my room. When I get there I lay back down and start to think about Colby. He's so sweet and cute....Wait a second did I just call him cute?

'Yeah you did'

'Shut up brain'

"Ugh" I groan as my head hurts more because I laid down too fast. Maybe I should take a nap. Yeah I'll do that.

I close my eyes and try to sleep. After a couple minutes of just laying there I finally felt myself drifting off.

I can hear voices very distantly, but I can't see anything. I don't know where I am.

"Hello?" I yell but all I can hear is my voice echoing. "Is anybody there?" Suddenly I couldn't hear anymore voices. What's happening? Where am I?  I try to walk forward but it was like my body was stuck. I can't go anywhere.

"Alex?" I hear someone that's sounds familiar say.

"Who's there?" I ask but all I get in return is laughter. "Who are you?"

I open my eyes and shoot up from my bed. What was that dream about and why did I have that dream?

I look at the time on my phone and see that school is over and that I could text Colby now.

Me: Hey

Colby: Hey. Why weren't you at school today?

Me: I wasn't feeling that great today so I decided to stay home.

Colby: Oh I hope you feel better.

I then turned my phone off because he probably has homework to finish. Well now I don't know what to do. I guess I could go check and see if there was any food that I could eat in the fridge.

I get up off my bed and go downstairs to the kitchen. On my way there I realized that my mom wasn't home so I'm by myself. Once I get to the kitchen I go to the fridge and look inside. I see some left over spaghetti but just looking at it makes my stomach turn into knots. I don't see anything I could eat so I just grab a water bottle and go back upstairs.

Once I get to my room I shut my door and lay down on my bed and decide to watch TV until my mom gets home.

I hope that u have enjoyed this story so far!