I was once again brought out of my memories, but by Sammy this time.

"Elle, we're nearly there. We need to change into our robes."

I nodded, "Okay."

I stood up and walked over to the bag Molly had packed my robes in. I reached up to grab it but the train lurched, sending me into Fred. I didn't realize he had changed seats with Sam.

Fred's hands had attached themselves to my waist to steady me. The skin at my waist felt like it was on fire with his touch. It was intoxicating. I turned a shade of pink, the most emotion I had shown in days. His touch made me feel happy, if only for a moment. Fred's eyes found mine. He held my gaze for a moment.

"S-sorry," he stuttered and took his hands off my waist. I went numb again as his hands left my skin.

I nodded, "It's fine. Th... Thanks for breaking my fall."

Fred smiled at my words, "No problem, m'lady."

I flashed a small smile, although it was gone as fast as it had come.

I reached up once again and grabbed my robes. I followed Sammy and Betty to the girls bathroom.

We changed and they touched up their makeup. I wasn't wearing any so I waited at the door for them.

I followed Sammy and Betty back to our compartment once they were done and saw that the boys had already changed. I took my seat by the window once again and started staring off into space... Again.

It wasn't long, however, until the train lurched to a stop. I felt a hand grab mine and begin to pull me through the crowd. Fred.

I let him guide me. Fred was my best friend and sure, people will talk and Fred and I will have to deal with rumors about us being a couple for a month or so, but at the moment I really don't care. Let them think what they want; my wonderful mum is dead. Besides, if they think Fred is taken, maybe I won't have to deal with the burn of jealousy in my chest when any other girl talks to him.

Fred's touch had again, made me happy or at least not as numb. It made me feel something. His touch made the numbness go away, if only for a little bit.

I still couldn't put an expression on my face, however, so I continued to allow Fred to guide me through the maze of people and to a carriage. After a few minutes Fred found a carriage and helped me up, while Betty, Sammy, George, and Lee followed behind us.

I saw Betty, Sammy, George, and Lee smirk at Fred and I's hands, which were still intertwined.

Fred also saw, I assume, because his hand dropped mine and the numbness returned. I took to staring out the window again and watched as we approached the castle. It was still magnificent, looking as if one of the best people in the world hadn't died. It looked far too bright. It should be dark and depressing, to match my mood.

We finally arrived, bringing me out of my thoughts as Fred's hand found mine again and he led me to the castle.

We earned stares and glances, especially by Fred's fan club. They would probably kill to be in my position right now. If only they knew what I had to go through to get to this point. Then they wouldn't want to be in my position.

I loved feeling Fred's hand in mine, although it was over far too soon for my liking. If only this could happen without a tragedy occurring.

We were in the Great Hall and in our normal seats when Fred let go of my hand.

Betty scanned the table for the new professor, or professors. "Grubby-Plank's back. Hagrid can't have left can he?" Bets asked.

"Who's that woman in the pink that looks like a toad?" Sam asked, her brows furrowing. I followed her gaze to a squat woman with short, curly brown hair with a pink Alice band that matched the horrid pink cardigan she wore over her robes.