Chapter 5

I ride along silently and he clears his throat.

"I'm Harry by the way.. And I'm going to try my best to.. Um... Not be awkward." He smiles nervously and glances at me and I sigh. "I'm Alanna.." I say and he nods, "I know. I'm good friends with Evan. But not anymore soon." "Why not?" "Because if he finds out, which he will. That I have his girl, you probably won't see me again." He says sternly and focuses harder on the road. "Don't think that. He won't find out." I sound like I'm cheating on him or something. "Yeah well, he's a fighter. And he will do anything to get you. Trust me Alanna." He twitched his nose and flicked his hair to one side. He looked like a fighter himself. He was covered in tattoos, big hands, tall, muscular, but kind eyes. "Are you a fighter?" I ask nervously of what he might do. "Yeah. I'm a fighter." He chuckles. "Oh." I say and look out the window. He had a strong British accent that was low and raspy. He was overall scary, but adorable at the same time.

Harry's POV

-----------

-At the party-

I stood awkwardly as the two lovebirds came out from the kitchen all love struck or something because she had this twinkle in her eye and he had a slight smile. I've never seen Evan so happy. We were Laughing and carrying on when I heard Evan say, "What are these?" His tone got louder with each sentence. I knew something was going to happen, so I rushed over but it was too late. She was on the floor with him on top of her, and he was beating the crap out of her. I sigh knowing I had to do it. I grabbed him and swung him around until his was against a wall. I repeatedly punched him until he was weaker, and when he was finally on the floor in pain, I made a dash for it. I picked up Alanna, holding her bridal style and I ran out to my car.

---------------------

I drive along the highway to my house. She sat quietly holding her stomach and she was probably hungry. "Hungry?" I asked and she looked at me and nodded slightly. Once we got to a near McDonald's, we hopped out and made our way in.

As we walk past many people, I earn plenty of stares and whispers. I know exactly why, but she doesn't.

Alanna's POV

------------

When we get out of the car, everyone was staring at us. I gulp and Harry walks stiffly and looks straight ahead. "Harry.. Why are they-" he has this glare on his face and he says, "ignore them." He had this dark tone that reminded me of Evan. I look down at my feet and everyone is whispering. He quickly orders our food and glances to the side and leads me back to the car. He slams his door and runs his hands through his hair.

"What happened in there..?" I finally choke out and he keeps his gaze forward. "Too much to explain." He starts the car. "I'm not going to live with a complete stranger. So if you aren't even going to explain why in the heck all those people were staring at us like we were monsters, then I don't know why you bothered taking me against my will, into your car and taking me away from my home." I say my tone harsh and sassy like a little girls. He looks at me, his eyes cold. "I'm trying to protect you. Not show you a new path of danger. Sojlisten. I'll be here if you need me, I'm taking you in because I wanted to. But I suggest you steer away from me for a while before I do something harmful." He was yelling at this point and his face was burning red with anger. He looked like Evan. I shook my head and quickly got out of the car. And you guessed it. I ran. I ran and ran. "Alanna! Where are you going! Come back!" I hear him yell after me but I continue to run. Before I knew it I was one the ground. I sat, breathing quickly trying to catch my breath. I hear someone walking my way and I've only been this scared with Evan.

I try to be quiet so he wouldn't find me. But he knows. He knows where I am. He came around the bush and he was standing before me. I was hugging my knees. "Just.. Don't hurt me.." I manage to get that much out. He kneels down and wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry it's just.. I've had a rough past and, I snap." He held me, his face buried in my neck. "It's ok.. I'm sorry I was nosy." I mumble. "No. You weren't being nosy. You deserve to know." He stops and looks at me. "I used to be a fighter. I would sneak out in the middle of the night to meet someone and Fight them. I would always win, so I kept doing it. And, as a fighter I though I was the biggest thing in the world. So I did things, I shouldn't have. I took a new girl home every night. And treated her like yeah the next day. Like I only used her for one night and never saw her again. I got all these tattoos, I work out, I was dangerous. And that's why me and Evan got along. We were like brothers. And we got into big trouble. So that's when I decided I should cut back a little. I do still fight. But I want to treat people better. And that's why they were staring at us. Because they thought you were just another girl. And the thing is Alanna. I was jealous of Evan. He had looks, personality, and most importantly.

He had you."