"I want an answer."

"Again with the answers? Don't you trust me?" Zion shouts, storming over. "Don't you trust me anyone, Sybil."

"I don't know what to believe anymore!" I shout back, walking towards the Alpha King, shoving his chest. "I want to know if you killed your mate and the wife of Alpha Nixon, Lillian Rice!"

It's as if Zion has gone numb.

He stumbles back a foot, as if in some daze, his eyes holding no emotion but sadness, his body loose. I've never seen him like this. I've never seen any man of power so...lost. I've never felt so empowered either, to be the person to watch as the Alpha King searches for answers, as if I've made him remember a part of his past he never intended to ever remember again.

"Who?" I ask. "Grave after grave, Zion," I begin, letting built up thoughts begin to come forth. "Time after time, grave after grave, I'm tired of watching people that I had something to do with die and then just shove it out of the way as of their lives meant nothing to me!"

"They should mean nothing to you!" Zion growls, taken from his trance as he marches right up to me. Chest to chest, I hold my chin high, not backing down as I remember Ginger. Ginger knew the way of life, how to get what she wanted, how to impose upon others and get her answers. Now where does she stand, nowhere, only dead on the ground as Zion killed her like a savage. People say rogues are the low life, but now I beg to differ, I'd rather point out that even an Alpha King has the same traits as those they claim as the low life.

"They aided me. Sure, Sebastian rejected me, but I was his mate, we were mates," I yell. "You think I'd simply forget my mate, because you are one hell of a hypocrite, for you're not over Lillian Rice."

"Don't speak her name ever again!" Zion snaps, his canines extending as my eyes widen a tad in fear. My whole life my parents taught me to never anger an Alpha, and yet here I stand, pissing off the Alpha King as I bring up his dead mate. "Give me my damn answers!"

"You should show respect. Remember where you stand!"

"Remember where I stand?" I shout. "You made me wear that ring and claim I was to be your next Queen. Saying that gives me every fucking right to say these things! I have ever right to ask!"

"What right? The fact that you're digging into places you should leave untouched?!" Zion snaps. "Those places were left untouched for reasons, Sybil, reasons that you should never know."

I allow my lips to form a firm line, crossing my arms as the King stares down at me. "My parents are my business. My mate was and is my business. Your mate's death should also because for all I know you could have killed her!"

"You think I would kill my own mate?!" Zion growls, his voice deep as his wolf begins to take over.

"Why not," I whisper back, taking a step back. "You killed Sebastian and Ginger with no restraint or dignity. For all I know you could have killed Lillian with no care because she married Nixon!"

A hand lands in my hair, pulling my head back in submission as my throat becomes dry. Another hand is upon my neck, the fingers tracing the crook in circular motions as my wolf begs me to break out and make him bleed. "This has to be settled. I'm tired of your games. If I am to get back on that plane I want all my answers."

"That's your bargain?" Zion asks, "because I could just drag you on-

"I know you enough to know you would not. You want me there on my own will and not forced. I'm your downfall, Zion, I'm your weakness."

He lets go, running a hand through his own hair as the wind picks up. "I'll be the one to drag you down to the pits of hell with me," I hiss. "You've had one hell of an impact on me, Zion, and I've had enough. This is your undoing and if you want me, you've got to work for it."