Chapter 16

Hey just like I promised an update on the weekend. This chapter16 so enjoy and tell me what you think. Thanks ---Calista.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank god it’s the weekend.

It’s now lunch. Violet, Arthur and I are at KFC having lunch.

“What pet shop should we go to first to see the puppies?” I ask taking a sip out of my drink.

“We could start at the closer ones and then go out so we get all the good one.” Violet says.

“Sounds good.” Arthur and I say at the same time.

“What breed of dog are you looking for?” Arthur asks me.

“I was thinking maybe a husky or a border collie even a Labrador.” I reply.

“Okay nice choices. I think you have a chance of getting one.” Arthur says like a pro then takes a bite out of his burger.

We continue eating lunch.

----------------------------------- 30 mins later---------------------------------------------------------------------

We are now at our 3rd stop and I haven’t seen a puppy that has stood out to me.

We turn the corner to see 6-8 puppies.

I see one puppy that is a very light brown or a dark blonde climbing all over the other sleeping puppies.

I walk over faster than Arthur and Violet to get a closer look.

I get up to the fence to see him jumping on the fence because he’s seen me walk up. I look into his big puppy brown eyes and know he’s the dog I am going to buy.

Violet and Arthur came up behind me and saw the puppy,

“That’s the one.” I say like I’m choosing the person I’m meant to marry or imprinted on like werewolves. How cool would that be meeting a werewolf or vampire? Totally off topic but who cares.

“Wait here. I’ll go get someone to help us out.” Arthur says walking away quickly.

“He is so cute.” Violet says bobbing down to pat the dog through the fence.

“So what dog is it that you are looking for?” I hear someone say so I turn around and see Arthur with a girl that works here and by the name tag she’s wearing her name must be Lisa.

“Umm Penny what dog is it.” Arthur asks me.

“Hi. It’s the little boy jumping around with the little black strip on it.” I say pointing at the puppy.

She opens up the gate at the other side picks him up and brings him back around closing the gate behind her and passing me the puppy dog.

“Two quick questions” I say/ask her.

“Yeah ask as many.” She says.

“What breed is he?” I ask still not sure of what he is.

“He is a bullmastiff cross boxer.”

“Okay. Umm also if I do buy him which I will, how much will it cost?” I ask holding him close.

“Well I can set up a deal. So if you buy the pup, a bed for him, and a variety of either toys, or food, or even a mix of both, for $350 to $400.” She says putting her calculator away.

“Okay well I’m decently buying the pup. So can I please have a look at the other stuff that is in the deal please? Also the deal I would like to do is the toy and dog food please.” I say passing the pup to Violet so she can hold it while I sort out the rest of the stuff.

---------------------------------- 1 hour later -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur, Violet and I are in the car but now with my new puppy Som.

We are on our way back to my house to play with my new puppy Som, when Violets phone goes off.

She gets off the phone.

“Hey Penny can I be a pain and ask for you to drop me off at home since Iyou picked me up?” Violet asks.

“Yeah sure.” I say changing direction.

We drop Violet off so it’s only Arthur and I with Som.

We arrive at my house and Som’s on his lead and Arthur has the rest of the thing as we reach the door.

“Did you want to hang with me and Som?” I ask Arthur.

“Yeah. Okay.” He replies. “I was also wondering if you wanted to maybe go out for dinner. But I understand if you say no because you now have a new dog and your mum’s pregnant. So it’s okay if you say no or don’t want to.” He says making himself awkward.

He finishes and Som just barks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So there is chapter 16 and I know I left it as a cliff hanger. I hope you like it so far please tell me what you think. I also have some twists in the story and also the next chapter has a small twist. Thanks for the people who have stuck around and voted. Thanks again. ----Calista