PART 2, NICOLAE'S ESCAPE: Chapter 1

PART 2:

Nicolae’s Escape

JUNE, 1844

CHAPTER 1

1

Her dark almond eyes gazed into his as he hovered over her. Gentle fingers caressed the scars and fresh welts that covered his upper body. He found her touch healing, soothing the pain still lingering from recent lashings. His own rough, callused hands explored her curves and soft, naked flesh as a small fire flickered beside them. Strands of her long, black hair clung to her forehead, face, and chest from the perspiration on their skin. Lovingly, he brushed them aside before cupping her breasts, enjoying how they felt in his hands.

A small moan escaped her mouth, and she rose to him, bringing her lips to the new wounds on his chest. He winced, drawing in jagged breaths while embracing her. His fingers tangled in her hair as they held onto one another, afraid the other would disappear if either were to let go.

“My Eloisa,” he whispered.

“Yes, Nicolae. Only yours.”

He tilted her head back, and lightly ran his tongue over her full lips. She parted them, allowing for a long passionate kiss and brought a small hand to the side of his face. He enclosed her hand inside his, turning his lips into her palm before she lay back upon the blanket spread beneath her. The tip of her tongue ran over her lips, and her eyes were wanting as he felt his way up her inner thigh toward her center. He allowed her to relax before carefully inserting his coarse fingers to her wet, tender folds. A sigh escaped his lips as he watched her body react to the slow, circular movement of his fingers.

She cried out, arching her back as he took care to make certain she was ready for him.

When the time was right, he lifted himself, keeping his eyes locked to hers as he made them one. 

Few things filled his heart as making love to her did. For him, it was the ultimate act of true love and devotion; knowing that Eloisa’s feelings were the same meant everything. She was his rock. One of his reasons for being. And she was with him. His Eloisa was with him.

He moved back and forth, aroused by her cries. She whispered his name, pushing her hips up and wrapping her long legs around his waist as he thrust deeper and faster until he was on the edge of his climax.

“I love you,” he said.

“And I love you, my Nicolae…”

2

...the rush of water soothed his ears. He lay on the ground, surrounded by the sounds of woodland nightcreatures and soft, rhythmic breaths beside him.

He smiled. “My Eloisa...”

The person beside him stirred and let out a small sigh, one that caught Nicolae off guard.

Sebastian?

The intoxicating fog cleared as his being returned to what really was, reminding him that his brother slept beside him and not the woman he loved.

Nicolae let out a choked, anguished cry, wishing to never wake up again. He knew such a desire was a selfish one. Sebastian needed him. But waking up to a world in which Eloisa no longer existed ripped away at him each time.

As she faded into the night, Nicolae fought the tears threatening to spill from his eyes. She was gone. Gone from him forever.

Descent (#1, Birthrite Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें