God Help the Outcast

Elsa

I look behind me as I keep running, stupid guard is still chasing me. I look down to see my little baby reindeer Sven starting to get tried from running as I quickly him up and keep running. "Stop running!" The guard yells. "Stop chasing me! I didn't do anything!" I yell as I jump over a bench as I see Norte Dame in front of me. The only place I can go. "Get back here!" He yells as I reach church's door. I push it open as I walk in and close the door behind me. I place my head on the door as I lock it and try to catch my breath.

"That was close." I whisper to myself as I feel someone grab my shoulder and turn me around making Sven get out of my arms. "What are you doing in here gypsy?" A man about my age with shaggy blonde hair and brown eyes ask. I look at his uniform to see he was a guard. I push his hand back, "Can't a girl come into a church? You know, to pray?" I ask as I walk away from him, trying to find a weapon. I hear the man chuckle behind me. "Well, gypsies don't believe in God do they? I mean don't you believe in like... bring people back from the dead?" He ask making me roll my eyes.

"It's call reincarnation, and it's not bring them back from the dead, it's when they souls go into a new body. To start a new life." I say as I see a stand with candles on it not lite. "Ah I see, so why are you in here?" I hear the man say as he steps closer to me. "I think you already know." I say as I grab the stand and turn to have the stand hit his sword. He brings his face closer to mine, "Oh yeah, I know." I glare at him as I push back and take another swing. Every swing I took, he would block.

"You know... In some countries, this would be... A dance." The guard says out of breath. "Really? Well, I guess I'll have to find a new partner then, someone who isn't trying to take me to the Judge!" I yell taking another swing but he moved his sword to the side hooking his sword with the stand pulling me in. The man looks me up and down taking a good look at me. "You fight very well for a woman." He says. I smile, "Funny I was going to say the same thing to do you." I say as I kick him back, take my stand back and push it into his chest making him fall back.

I point the stand at his throat and Sven went and sat on his chest holding him down. "Is that a reindeer?" The guard ask. "That's not important, what's important that you leave me alone. Stay away from me." I hiss as I take my stand back. I hear Sven huff at him, "I think your reindeer likes me." The guard says as Sven bites his nose, "Ouch! Damn!" The guard hisses making me smile, "He doesn't like men. Come on Sven, let's go." I say as Sven jumps off the guards chest giving him another huff before he starts to follow me back to the door. Before I could even grab the door handle, I feel the guard grab my arm, turn me around and push my back to the door. I could tell he was upset, but to the point he was pissed, maybe guilty was the feeling I could read from his eyes which make no scene to me. "You know I can't do that. You stole, and you're a gypsy, it's going to be worse for you. Now you can come quietly or I can take you by force. Which is it?" The guard ask.

"I'm not going with you. I didn't steal anything! You are just saying that because I'm a gypsy!" I yell. I keep my eyes locked on his, no way in hell was I going to show him fear, that's what he wanted. "You're feisty, I really like that. I'm Leo, Leo Nevil." "Nevil? You're the Judge son! Oh it makes all the scene! You are a no good, just like..." I start to yell when I hear footsteps coming near us. I look behind Leo to see a priest. "What is going on here?" He ask as Leo let's go of me.

"I'm support to take her in, she... She a criminal." I hear Leo say just making me more pissed. The priest steps forward and looks at Leo. "Leo, you know the rules. She's in the church, the church will protect her. As long as she's in this church, she is safe. As long as she's in this church, you can't touch her." The priest says. Leo looked at him in silents as he finally turns to me, "Fine. You're safe for now." He says as he pushes me aside and grabs the door hand. "But..." He turns his head to me, "We both know gypsies don't like to be locked up in one place for too long."