Prologue

The Boy in the Bell Tower

By: KittyKat

Prologue

Come! Come! Gather around my friends and let me tell you a story. Long ago, here in Paris, where gypsies have decided to make Paris their forever home. Now as we all know, gypsies are none other then witches in a from so beautiful, that it would make God fall to his knees. Another thing gypsies are is thieves and some were even immigrants who were trying to seek shelter in Paris.

And that is where this story begins, on the night a gypsy mother with long black hair tied under her wrap with her husband right next to her, his hair white as snow were trying sneak into Paris under the docks of Notre Dame. A mother holding her crying child, as if she knew something was going to happen. "You must quite him." The father says as he tightens his hold on his wife. "We'll be spotted!" The man steering the boat shouts. "Hush little one." The mother whispers as she pulls the wrap covering her child form the cold.

They finally stopped just a block or so away form Notre Dame, finally in Paris. "I believe I should get some money for getting you here safely." The boat driver ask with a slick smile as he looked at the father. He rolled his eyes before he reaches into his pocket to get his coins when he sees an arrow go past him, almost hitting him in the arm. He looks over and feels his eyes widen as he sees three guards holding arrows. The father looks back at the boat driver, "You put us in a trap!" The father screams making his son cry again.

"I'm sorry, I had no choose... He made me..." The boat driver whisper as he backed up. "Who!" The mother screams as she hears a horse neigh making her and her husband turn to see a black mustang walk over to him, on his back is the only man with light black hair long enough to put in a pony with his deep green eyes who could make a deals to other gypsies... Judge Nevil. The mother holds her child close, the one man they feared they'd run into, the one man that could kill them.

All Judge Nevil wanted was to get rid of all gypsies, to him they were the scum of the Earth and needed to be take away, to burn in Hell where they belong. Nevil look at one of the guards as he moves his head making the guard nod as he walks over to the gypsy father and handcuff him. "Take them to the court house, the court will send them where they belong." Nevil says as he looks at the gypsy mother. The mother green eyes locked on his as she held her baby close. "You! gypsy girl! What do you have in your hands!" A guard yell as he tries to grab the baby from her.

"No less stolen goods. Take them and send her to me, I'll treat her what God really wants form her." Nevil says with an evil smile on his face making a shiver go down her spine. She quickly hit the guard, not knowing what to do next... She ran.

Right on her foot, Nevil chased after her, the snow going between her toes as she slipped and almost fell at less twice as she grabs a pole and swings her body before Nevil's horse could get her. She looked behind her to see the horse changing direction to chase her some more. Not long she saw her chance to get away from him, a small hole that only her body and the baby would fit. She ran to it and quickly turned and went through the hole. Behind her she could hear Nevil screaming, the horse's hooves hitting the wall as if it's trying to break it down.

The mother ran as fast as she could to the one place she was safe, the church, Notre Dame. She ran up the stairs and started to bang on the door. "Sanctuary! Sanctuary!" The mother screamed as she held her baby close again and kept banging. Behind her, she heard a noise... A horse. She turn to see a shadow getting close to her. She turn her back to the door again, "Please! Sanctuary! I have a child! Please!" The mother screamed as she felt someone grab her and spin her around. "You think you can run form the law!?" Judge Nevil scream not even bothering getting off his horse as the mother slapped Nevil's hand and started to run again.

Nevil growl as he chased after her again, and this time he was going to catch her. And he did. He grabbed the baby and holding on for dear life, she tried to take her child back but not seeing that Nevil raised his foot, kicking her. She let go as she fell and she hit her head on the stairs of Notre Dame. Nevil look down at the gypsy, "Justice is served, and you are in Hell, where you belong." Nevil whisper as he look at the wrap to hear a cry. He raised an eyebrow as he unwrapped the wrap to see a baby.

"A baby?" Nevil asked him self as the baby opens his eyes to two beautiful blue eyes. "A gypsy child... But a child of God." He says as the baby raises his hand and slowly coming from his finger tips, was ice. Nevil's eyes widen as he pulls the baby back, "A demon child!" Nevil yell as he looks to see a well, "A child that should join his mother." He says as he makes his horse go to the well.

He held the baby over the well, "God have mercy on his soul." Nevil says as he feels his hand start to slide open. "Stop!" A cried from a priest making Nevil look over at him, "This child is a monster and must be returned to hell where it belongs." The priest walks over to the woman's body and lifted her up, "See all the innocent blood you spilled? On a church's stairs none the less." The priest cried making Nevil roll his eyes, "She is a thief, she ran I pursued, it's my job." Nevil says as he moves his horse closer to the priest.

"Do you not feel guilt? For killing his mother? And now you want to spill his blood also?" The priest asked making Nevil stop. "My... My conscience is clear!" Nevil yelled. The priest sigh, "You can lie to yourself Judge Nevil, and to everyone that works with you. But you know, deep down that there are eyes everywhere. Watching you." Nevil looked around him to see that the priest wasn't lying, there were eyes everywhere.

Status of the Lord and his mother, of everyone of the higher power. "The very eyes of Notre Dame." Nevil whisper as he turned back to the priest who is now standing and holding the gypsy woman's body, for once in his life, he could feel fear, fear for his immortal soul, "What must I do then?" He asked almost shuttering. "You know what to do, care for the child, raise him as your own." "You want me to raise this monster? I don't think you understand what this creature is... His not human, his... his the son of a gypsy, a witch!" Nevil yells.

"If you want your soul to be saved, this is what you must do." The priest yell back making Nevil's horse back up. Nevil thought about his, what he should do till he finally sigh, "Fine, I will settle with this." He looks down at the baby again, "This misshapen." The priest nod. "But he must live here, at Notre Dame." "Here? But why?" The priest ask as Nevil jumps off his horse and walks to the priest, "So he is locked up, away from the world." He looks back at the baby to see him asleep again.

"Where no one can see him, ever."

Hey guys!!!! So I got really bored and heard one of my favorite disney songs ever play and it gave me this idea to write this new story. Which is crazy because I am working on alot right now but I just can't stop! So I guess I'll just keep writing whatever I'm in the mood to write and see what happens. And just so everyone knows, I will be updating late because I am so busy but I will update whenever I get a chance for any of my stories, so please bear with me guys! You are all so amazing! Thank you all so so much! As always, I'll see you in the next updated and sorry for my grammar and spelling!

~Kitty Kat