Chapter 16: Secrets and Loss

~Jennicah's POV~

I stopped mid-sentence, taking in a deep breath. I felt my mouth run dry; I did not want to tell her the truth... But as I know, it's for the best of both her, and myself.

"(Y/n), there's a slight chance that you or me might be in danger if this get's out, but you deserve to know..." I started, wanting to stall as much time as I could.

"What? Quit stalling and tell me!" (Y/n) wined.

I sighed. "You're the Goddess of Witches!" I shouted, finally getting it out.

She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. The look, the look that kills me on the inside. "How? How am I?!"

"You're not from this World, are you?" I looked at her, on the verge of tears.

"How did you--?"

"It's hard to explain... But you're soul has been passed down my the past Witch Goddesses. For millenniums, that how it's been. And now, you take on that position..."

Everyone's mouth was agape. "Why? Why didn't you tell me this sooner?!" She shouted, sounding unintentionally angry.

"I'm sorry... I was afraid that something would happen to you if I said anything..!" Tears now we're streaming down my cheeks. "And one thing before I go: I'm not from this World either..." I murmured.

"You mean? You're also from--?" She stopped, hands over her mouth. "No way..."

I turned to the four boys. "I know you all must be like "what the hell is happening?". But I beg of you, keep (Y/n) safe!" I cried.

"Jennicah, what do you mean "keep me safe"? You'll be here with me!" (Y/n) quivered.

I shook my head. "No. Information will be in the note I left on the counter, please, read it over..! And whatever happens, keep (Y/n) away from Melaina!" My eyes were so clouded with tears I had to blink them away.

~Your POV~

"Jennicah, what are you--?" My eyes widened as she started to disappear.

"Jennicah!!" I yelled.

She quickly embraced me with a hug. I felt her tears drip onto my shoulder. "I'm sorry... I'll always be in your heart whenever you need me. You're my best friend, and the best Meister I could ever I ask for..!"

And that's all she said before she was completely gone. My arms dropped down to my sides.

Everyone gave me looks of sympathy and sadness. "(Y/n)..." They all muttered, feeling both sorrow and guilt.

"We can't stay here any longer! We have to get back into our real bodies!" I yelled, eyes still clouded with tears.

"But how do you plan on doing that?" Kid asked, obviously dreading asking the question.

"I have no clue! But I have to stop her! Jennicah is not leaving!"

~Jennicah's POV~

I woke with a start. Tears running down the sides of my face, wetting my pillow. I sat up and picked up my pencil.

I finished the drawing of (Y/n) and I with all of our friends. I quickly colored and shaded it. I set it down and rushed to my room.

I packed a bag full of clothes and grabbed a few other essentials, still crying over the situation.

I took a cooking sheet with my homemade cookies on them and left them on the counter. I quickly scribbled a note and left it next to the cookie sheet, along with a framed picture.

I neatly folded my sleeping bag and placed my pillow on top of it. I slipped on my long, green trench coat that covered my Automail arm, also with a pare of white gloves. I changed into black sweatpants, hiding my legs.

I put on a pare of black Tennis Shoes and slung my backpack over my shoulders. My glasses lenses shining over my eyes. 'I'm sorry (Y/n)...'

Making sure I had everything-including my art supplies- and silently opened the door. I stepped outside, taking one last glance at my friends all sprawled out in the living room.

I looked away, shutting the door. I pulled my hood over my head, and dashed out through the rainy night, sobbing my eyes out; not making a single sound.

~Your POV~

My eyes shot open as I sat up with uneven breathes. Kid, Soul, BlackStar and Crona doing the same.

I looked over to see all of Jennicah's sleep-ware folded and set off to the side. A picture of all of us in a group shot.

More tears flowed from my eyes as I remembered the note. I quickly stood up and dashed to the kitchen, the boys following suit.

I saw a cookie sheet with a note next to it. I picked it up and read it aloud:

Dear (Y/n) and friends,

I have left a gift for all of your generosity towards me. I tried my best to protect you all, but of course, my personal issues took hold...

I'm sorry for the sudden departure, but it's hard to explain... I'm truly sorry. Don't come looking for me, it'd be a waste of time...

(Y/n), the same as you, I'm from the other World. Earth. Where this World would just be a huge fantasy.

I should have told you this sooner, but I didn't want to risk your lives or mine. Melaina is still out there, and now is after me; I've shared too much...

But rest assured, I'll be fine. Your lives are much more valuable then mine..! I wish you all the best of luck..!
-Best Regards
Jennicah Bioko

I finished as my tears started to wet the page. I tried holding back my sobs, but it failed as I saw a framed picture of Jennicah and I smiling when we first got out Automail.

I grabbed the picture and then broke down crying as I fell to my knees. I hugged the frame like my life depended on it.

"Jennicah!! Why did you leave me?!" I shouted as an unstoppable stream of tears ran down my face.

Everyone else woke up with groggy looks on their faces. But they were soon wide awake as they saw the scene in front of them.

"(Y/n)! What happened?!" Tsubaki ran over to me and embraced my into a hug, trying to comfort me.

I handed her the note Jennicah left as she read it over. Her eyes widened and she looked at me with great sympathy. "I'm so sorry (Y/n)... I'm sure she had a reason,"

I nodded, still sobbing like there was it tomorrow. The note got passed around and everyone soon understood.

"We'll get her back," Maka stated, a stern look planted into her expression.

"Wh-What?" I asked, my face reading "are you serious?".

"I said, we're going to get her back! She's your Weapon! And a Meister without their Weapon is half of a whole pare!" She repeated.

Everyone agreed with Maka's speech and decided to track Jennicah down. Sense I didn't want to argue, I agreed too.

'Jennicah. We're coming to get you! Wherever you are...'

Wow, why am I so depressing all of a sudden? Don't ask, I don't know the answer to that myself... But once again, the odd and powerless me has left you a cliffhanger! *Get's hit with Coffee Table* Would you stop throwing my digital furniture?! Anyway, I hope you're enjoying so far, and I'll try to update soon!!