25

before i could react to his sudden mood change, there were a few knocks on his door. he stands up quickly, seeing his pained expression, i stand up.

"you must be shawn."

i stand frozen, fuck. michael raises his eyebrows.

"and you're michael, the one stealing away my fiancé,"

he happily says, there was a hint of anger. what the hell is he doing here?

"and also my competition."

i roll my eyes, walking over to the jealous canadian at mikey's door. mikey was amused, up for the challenge.

"oh, shut up, shawn. there's no competition, nor is he stealing me away. now why are you here?"

he glances at me, his eyes sparking with jealousy, i couldn't help but feel myself clench below me. that look. i look at michael whose staring intently at me, shawn notices mikey's eyes on me. he was belligerent, the veins popping out on his knuckles while mikey eye-fucked me. gently, i placed a hand on shawn's chest, easing him.

his eyes find mine, he softens his fist, as i lean up to him and kiss his cheek.

"i'm sorry for leaving early, but we have business to attend too."

i let go of shawn, waving goodbye to michael, his saddened state in an even worse emotion. god, i felt guilty. i didn't intend to hurt him, never did i. shawn was smiling like the cocky son of a bitch he is, opening his car door open for me. we drive off back to the castle, as we leave the car, i notice something strange about the door.

and for a split second i stare at the inside of the foyer. the vases of flowers lies smashed into fragments all over the marble floor. water and flowers and chunks of china are strewn everywhere, a few tables overturned. shawn grabs my arm and pulls me behind him.

"stay out here,"

he hisses, stepping into the foyer and disappears from my vision. i can't just stand out here and wait for my fiancé to come back. he could possibly be dead or beaten, sneakily, i enter the foyer. seeing no one in sight, i walk to one of the non-cracked vases. pulling out a glock 23 gen 3.

my personal pistol, i always had a spare gun with me. whenever i moved to different areas, for safety reasons before my dad passed away. he was in the army for most of his life until he met my mother, and retired, he taught me how to shoot. use self defense, and surprisingly, kill. he'd always lecture me about how dangerous it was out on the streets, and that if it came down to a life and death situation, i'd have to be brave. and kill.

intense man, i'll say that for sure. i slid the gun in the back of my jeans, walking quietly around the castle. i hear grunting, flattening myself against the cold walls. what the hell is going on? adrenaline spikes through my body, i wasn't afraid. not anymore.

"fuck."

i could hear shawn's voice struggle, my eyes widen, i quickly turn around in my vampire state. seeing the last person i would have thought stand in front of me. or choking my husband.

"ethan?"