11

i gaze around the area, it was getting fairly colder now. not that i minded it, just sad to see all the color dying away. white and grey surrounded my emotions, and scenery. i turn to stare at shawn, i quickly try to take a picture of him off guard. he turns around just in time to stare directly at my camera, i sigh.

"why do you always take pictures of me?"

he grips onto his backpack, while fixing his blue sweater. as he breathes, no fog comes out due to no body heat. i didn't think his skin could look even more pale than it already has, but seeing him out here changes my mind.

"because i like saving memories,"

i see my breath in the cold.

"especially the memories i spend with the ones i love."

he blushes a dark crimson, i smile. he walks over to me, intertwining his cold fingers in my warm ones. we both walk down the empty place.

"why is it so empty?"

"i rented it for the two of us,"

i widen my eyes.

"shawn!"

"don't worry, it's only until we leave."

i shake my head, you may be filthy rich, but would it kill you to let at least people be around us? what could possibly go wrong?

"are all of your kind, black blooded?"

he nods his head.

"when we are born a vampire, our blood is naturally black. but if you are a human who turns, they're blood stays the same color. red. unless you end up as the chosen one with all the powers, you're blood becomes the color of gold. rumor has it."

i widen my eyes.

"so the chosen one can be human, but has to be turned?"

he nods his head. i grow colder by the minute.

"home?"

i ask, he chuckles.

"home."

                                     >>

"ah."

i moan, jumping into my warm sheets. they smelled like fresh cotton. shawn knocks on my door, leaning against the door post. he eyes me.

"hey."

i smile, running my fingers through my hair.

"don't just stand there, come here!"

he laughs, walking over to me. he had changed into a white tank top, and sweatpants. i wore an oversized white sweater, with no pants because.. who wears pants with a large sweater? i don't. he sits on my bed, i grab his hand, pulling him towards me.

i kiss his cold lips, slowly, and passionately. he moans pulling away.

"you."

he pecks my lip.

"are."

he pecks my lip again.

"so."

lord.

"beautiful."

he finishes pecking. i blush, my cold cheeks warming up again. i pull him next to me, laying down beside him. i lay on his cold chest, he wraps his arms around me, as my eyes begin to close. he kisses my forehead.

"sleep tight, my angel."

                                      **

she was fast asleep, her light snores echoed throughout her room. i quietly laughed, she was so adorable. even when asleep. i move some hair out of her face as she laid on me, i gaze at her. god, i'm so lucky to have you in my life.

i gently laid her down on her pillows, she slightly moaned, turning to her side. i sigh in relief, walking out her room, downstairs. i walk back to my room, throwing on a plain black t-shirt. and a black leather jacket. i wore black leather jeans, and some classic vans.

jogging down my stairs, i grab my phone, and keys to my yamaha.

"i need another round."

"what the hell, this is the third time this week, shawn. this is the last time this week, unless you get your own blood supply, got it?"

he hisses, i roll my eyes.

"fine. meet me there in 5."

i hang up the phone call, getting on my bike. i begin racing out of my castle, and to downtown.

                                      >>

i push through the crowd of drunk immortals, they all cowered in fear as i walked through the crowd. my family was one of the richest, and known vampire blood line there is. we are part of the founding families of our existence. even the darkest vampires, whose gone mad, knows our name. they all move aside, i see him across the bar.

he turns around, smiling.

"aw, isn't it nice to see you around here again?"

i slam him against the bar counter, crushing his throat.

"that little stunt you pulled last week. almost feeding on, beth?"

i growl, my eyes turning black.

"wasn't funny. now stay the fuck away from her."

he taps out, trying to nod. i let go of his throat, people still crowding around. he inhales deeply, his face coming back to its natural color.

"geez, what's got you all riled up? you weren't like that with bella."

i shake my head.

"i love bethany. she's also my girl, so she's off limits, hayden."

he raises his eyebrows, clapping slowly.

"wow, the big bad mendes has finally found a soft spot for a human. or a damn being for a matter of fact."

i roll my eyes.

"just get me my order."

he sighs, raising his hands up.

"fine. you're no fun nowadays. i remember when you used to come here all night, feeding off of every human being in a 10 mile radius."

hayden laughs, i bow my head, looking away. i stopped for bethany, she wouldn't want to know me as the true monster i am. she wouldn't look at me the same.. she wouldn't love me. he leads me to a private room, there were multiple girls, i inhaled. they were all naked, and blonde, i preferred brunettes.

but i didn't care, i just needed to feed. my throat began feeling even more dry. the girls were all drunk, and kissing each other. hayden dimmed the lights.

"dig in."

he pats me on the back, i enter. he closes the door. i take off my leather jacket, changing into my vampire form. i turn to them, they look at me in fear, i smile devilishly. finally.