14

"stop that!"

i laugh, shawn continued to eat the frosting i needed to use for baking. he walks over to me, scooping out some frosting, and slathers it on my nose. i widen my eyes, he begins to burst into a fit of laughter.

"no mercy, mendes!"

he begins running around the kitchen as i chase him, he stops, making me bump into his chest. he suddenly grabs my cheeks, kissing my lips. i close my eyes, savoring the feeling of him on me. it was minty, but also loving. i pull away, slightly blushing.

he licks some frosting off my nose, i laugh. his mood changes into a more serious vibe.

"i love you, beth."

he stares at me in admiration. i smile.

"and i love you, shawn."

                                         ~

i open my eyes, sitting up, i look around me. i was in my bedroom at shawn's castle. i thought i died of blood loss, looking to the left, i see the last person i thought would be in my room.

"clark?"

clark wakes up from his slumber in my chair. he scoots closer to me.

"oh, good. you're awake."

i scoot away from him, i was in different clothing as last time.

"you changed me?"

he nodded his head, i clutch onto my bed sheets.

"why are you here?"

"i'm here to protect you. you're well known amongst the vampire region due to shawn's misbehaving. you must know that he isn't just any vampire, his blood line goes back to the beginning of our very existence. you, being the one he loves, and also being human. makes you a target."

i widen my eyes.

"are you a vampire?"

he flashes his fangs, and instead of his eyes turning black. they turn white.

"why did you save me? and our job for styles-"

he waves his hand.

"shawn has a rare mental so called illness, that is blood thirst. his body reacts at times as almost a seizure for vampires. we just attack during it. i made you quit the job, harry seemed to be smitten with you. so he'll just be collateral damage."

i look at my hands, blinking, i see blood all over them. i shake my head, seeing that nothing was there.

"i had my own nurse to come take care of you after he lashed out on you a few nights ago."

a few nights ago?

"how'd you find me? i'm so-"

"bethany, all you need to know is that i'm here to protect you from, shawn. if you are ever in dangers way. he's agreed to me being your personal bodyguard, i've trained my whole life to protect. he said if needed, i'll protect you if shawn ever loses control again."

maybe he and i needed a break. i sat up from my bed, my body woozy, i pass by my mirror. i stop, looking at my neck, there was a large gauze taped onto it.