Binding for Dummies: Don't Break Your Ribs

Living as a biological female in a world of predominately male protagonists kinda sucks.

Luckily, like me, cosplay has no gender!

I actually cosplay as a guy a lot. Whether it be Levi Ackerman, Rei Ryugazaki, Souske Yamasaki, APH Austria, or Sebastian Michaelis- it all uses the same basic techniques.

Step one, if you're like me, you'll need to bind. Not all women have problems with chest size, and they're completely gorgeous too, but a lot of us need to get rid of the girls.

Never, ever, ever, EVER use ace bandages or anything makeshift like that. They are not designed for that and could cause damage to your organs and rib cage. Also, never exercise in a binder, or wear it for more than eight hours at a time.

So, what is a binder, and where can I find one?

A chest binder is a device that temporarily removes the visibility of your breasts. Binders are most commonly used for genderqueer, transgender, agender, and other LGBTQ+ people. They come in different styles, colors, and intensities, but you with commonly see the sports-bra style:

 They come in different styles, colors, and intensities, but you with commonly see the sports-bra style:

^ Notice the side clips. They work just like bra clasps.

They are available online, but always be sure to measure before you buy! Binders that are too small should never be worn!

Ok, you've got your binder. By-by boobies! Now what?

Well, guys don't have hips.

Luckily, they also make hip binders! They are not commonly used- rarely, even- and they are usually for pregnant women. Doesn't mean you can't use them for cosplay!

They usually look like corsets or wraps for your hips. They come with different shapes and intensities, just like chest binders.

One important thing about hip binders is that you don't wear it for long, unless you want prolonged effects

One important thing about hip binders is that you don't wear it for long, unless you want prolonged effects. A lot hip binders are meant to leave a permanent result of smaller hips, which is fine, unless you don't want them smaller. You can find temporary ones online.

So now you know how to turn your beautiful female body into a handsome male one!