Chapter 4

Ray

     My daddy always told me to never talk to strangers. And this, this definitely crosses the line. I was searching for the first aid kit when I realized how fast this all could turn around on me if I wasn't careful.

    People tell me I'm too nice for my own good But this guy needed help and everyone has good in them even if it's locked away somewhere where no body can see it.

    So I force those thoughts out of my head and continued to search for the first aid kit. Once I found it I went back into the living room to find Devon staring at a picture of  me when I was 7.

    I was playing in the sand and had got it all in my hair and that's when my dad decided to take a picture. "Whatcha doing" I asked while stepping closer.

    He must not have known I was standing there cause he quickly looked up startled. I swear his head jerked up so fast he almost gave me whiplash.

   I giggled quietly to myself while he just stared at me, no emotion he just.... looked at me with dark hard eyes. "Ooooook then" I said trying to make the situation less awkward though i most likely made it worse.

    "Well I have the first aid kit a-and um" I mumbled not knowing what exactly to say. He stared at me for a few seconds before he put the picture down and sat down on the couch. I was expecting him to I don't know say something but of course he just stared at me.

   My god is all this man knows how to do is stare "O-o-ok" I said while slowly following him and siting down, guessing he just wanted me to clean his cuts since he hadn't said anything else. "U-um this might sting a little" I said while taking a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol and reaching out I hesitated at first but then grabbed his hand and started to apply it to the cuts on his knuckles.

He flinched at first but then stopped once he was used to it. Once I was done with both of his hands I realized he had a few on his face also. "This might hurt a bit more than ur hands" I said gently while reaching up and dabbing and the cuts on his face.

   He let out a hiss and I felt something grasp my wrist. I gasped while looking down to see his hand clasped around my wrist. When I looked back up he was staring at me with a weird look in his eyes that I couldn't quite figure out.

   I snapped out of the daze I was in and quickly finished cleaning up his cuts.

    Once I was  done i set the cotton ball I was using down I noticed he was still holding onto my wrist. "U-um y-you c-can let g-go now" I said while glancing back at his hand.

   I must have snapped him out of whatever trance he was in because he quickly let go of my hand and stood up. "Um you can g-go I cleansed up all your cu-uts and you'll need to do it agin t-tomorrow" I said while also standing up.

He slowly nodded and then turned around heading for the door. I let a breath I didn't know I'd been holding out thankful to not have to worry about if he was some serial killer or something.

I spoke too soon though because as he grabbed the door handle he turned his head and said "by the way cute shirt" he said before walking out of the door completely leaving me shocked as I looked down and realized I had been wearing a shirt with a slice of pizza that was winking.

I face palmed while curing myself for wearing it the one time I actually talk to a guy I groaned while face planting into the pillows of the couch ready to forget this day ever happened.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Devon

Blue eyes that looked like crystals. Her eyes. The eyes of the angel that has been haunting me since I left her house a few hours ago.

I don't know why but when she whimpered and cowered away from me I felt horrible. I usually love the feeling of people being scared of me, but with her.... It just didn't seem right.

She was so..... Innocent. I made her cry and yet she still felt the need to help me. Not many people would do that.

Most would have ran and never looked back agin especially considering how we met, But she didn't she actually helped me in spite of that fact that I probably made her feel like shit.

I don't know what it is about her but that was certainly not the last time I'm gonna see her.