Chapter Nine

September 9th, 2016

Dear Diary,

Today was Rose's birthday party. It didn't go very well. Diary, this is because Rose invited THE WHOLE. GRADE. To her party! I've listened to 19 people in my class teasing me so much that I'm used to it, but this was three times that! And  Rose's Mommy didn't even notice! Also, those kids are all bigger than me. I was trying to bounce in the Ariel bouncy house, but the other girls came in, and with all of them bouncing, I couldn't even stand! It was no fun at all. And after that, I got apiece of cake last and since I went last, I got the smallest piece, and Joey Barnes tripped me and I spilled cake and since I got the last piece there weren't even leftovers that I could eat. And when we got golden tokens to play games Danny Branson stole si of my coins so I only got to play one game - which I lost.

    Oh, Diary! These past few says have been simply awful! If only there was a tiny bit of happiness in the bleakness of it all! I would truly be so much happier! But I know that that's not going to happen at school, I know that as long as I'm there, I wont be happy. But that's okay, I suppose. Seeing me go to school, and hearing what I have learned makes Mommy and Daddy happy, so I'll keep on going. For them.

   In search of the slightest bit of Hope,

Nix