Bucky Civil War 01

Info on your character: You were born and raised on a Military base, your father was high up in the ranks, growing up close with him you made the decision to join the army when you turned 18 and for 10 years you served. Until your father was Killed In Action and you were sent home due to PTSD. Your mom and you then made the move to Bucharest, Romania to start new, and begin your own small business. That's the year you met Bucky.

He fascinated you, this man you only saw once per week. His physique, the way he talked, his accuracy.

Every Saturday morning at 10:00, there he would be, at your little shack on the street to buy the same thing every time; plums.

The same kind of small talk, you would ask him "how was your week?" And he would respond with "I can't complain" with a quiet chuckle to follow.

You never knew his name, and it was never brought up, although you always wondered; you just assumed he wasn't interested enough in the conversation to state it.

He was always kind to you, he would make sure to ask you in return how your week was as well.

This Saturday was different, as you were setting up at 6:00 there were police cars circling the block, and for hours they stayed around the area. The newspaper stand across the street always opened around 9:00 so you wouldn't know the reason for it unless you asked.

Time went by and around 9:45 your mother had taken her break to go get the newspaper. You knew he would be arriving on time, 15 minutes. You figured you could wait for your break.

The police had left the area just minutes before he came down the street. He walked casually and fit right in with the crowd. Only today he didn't, you noticed as he reached the stand some people across the street were staring and pointing.

"Good morning. How was your week?" You asked him, he smiled up at you.

"I can't complain." He answered, and picked out some plums.

You noticed the people who were staring had a newspaper in their hands. So you turned in the shack to find the one your Mother had just come back with.

As you picked it up you noticed his gaze on you. You took a glance at the paper then understood why people were staring.

The Winter Soldier spotted after Vienna bombing. The newspaper read in Romanian. The language you had come to learn since living there.

He looked at the paper in your hand and made a move to leave but you grabbed his hand over the counter.

"You're quick." He said.

"The army teaches you a few things."
"Come with me, I know a safe place to hide." You said, and with a unsure nod he followed you.

It wasn't a perfect place but you knew it would never be searched. It was the place the army had graciously given you the money for, it was very well hidden.

You were both hidden in a nearby tunnel, the sirens were seemingly farther away now but still heard.

"Why are you helping me?" He spoke to you.

"Because I know more than you think." You started, which clearly wasn't a good enough answer.
"I can see when a man didn't commit a crime. It's cliché but I've learned to really read expression. No amount of acting can hide pure guilt, and while you are guilty of something Winter Soldier, I know you aren't guilty for Vienna."

"You expect me to trust you?" He asked.
"We don't even know the other's name."

"I expect nothing, I am only here to help you."
"My name is (y/n) (y/L/n)."