Bucky Request

This is a request by MarvelousGirl24
So sorry it took me this long, thank you for being so patient and I hope you enjoy. :)

Oh Christmas time, the very utmost best time of the year. You had always loved Christmas from the first celebration with your family, it was often your family got crazy about the holidays so when it came to being invited to Tony Stark's exclusive Avengers party you were more then excited to share your Christmas cheer.

Bucky had started living at the tower just a year prior and at this point he was as comfortable as he could possibly be with the Avengers. Of course still having night terrors every now and again.

To your advantage throughout the year you had become quite close to James and he to you, so much so you had developed serious feelings for him, and were his comfort in those not so comforting nights.

Lucky you, this year you were his Secret Santa, clearly decided over a group hat pick. You all put your names in the hat and you happened to pick Bucky's name. At first you thought it would be easy, that was until you actually thought about it.

Now two weeks until Christmas you were completely unprepared. Your last resort being Steve, you made your way to his room in the evening, so to make sure Bucky wouldn't see you.

You knocked gently on the door and awaited an answer.

"Come in!" Steve said, just loud enough for you to hear and quiet enough not to wake anyone up.

You opened the door slowly, revealing Steve sat at his desk looking at what seemed to be an old file.

"Hi Steve." You said softly, you felt bad for disturbing him at the late hour that it was.
"Sorry I came to see you so late. If you like we can talk in the morning. I don't mean to intrude." You said kindly.

"No, it's no trouble (y/n). What's going on?" He turned his chair around to face you as you took a seat on his bed across from him.

"So Christmas is in two weeks." You started conversation.

"Yes, it is." He smiled slightly.

"And secret Santa." You hinted, Steve chuckled.

"You're not sure what to get Buck and you want my help." He said, knowing the exact reason.

"Yes, I would have asked you during a normal hour it's just I didn't want to take a chance that Bucky could hear, my family has taught me to take secret Santa to extremes, and your light was on so maybe I'm not all that terrible?" You chuckled, and Steve did as well.

"You're not terrible, entirely. Just with your time concept." He joked.
"No but it's alright, I can run through some ideas with you. Just what exactly were you thinking of getting him."

"Well the thought had crossed my mind to give him something to remember, you know? Something so that if he had ever relapsed and forgotten me...that he would look at this item and remember." You looked down at the terrible thought of the very man you loved forgetting you completely.

"That's a really deep gesture." He sighed and thought.
"Well there is no store bought item that could ever give him memories I'll tell you that." He looked down.

"Yeah, maybe I could do something creative." You added to the idea.

"Yeah, maybe you could make him a scrapbook of your time together, I know you have dozens of pictures of the times we've all spent time together. Use them and write what was happening on that day, how you felt on that day. It's not only helping them come back it's sharing every detail of how you felt so he doesn't feel alone."