" The Hebridean Black." Crouch informed me as he got close to my face. I blinked at him and I saw an ounce of fear in his eyes that made me smile. He quickly turned to Harry. "Which leaves..."

"The Horn tail." Harry whispered.

"What's that, boy?"

"Nothing." Harry then put his hand in, getting burnt in the process, and pulled out the last remaining dragon.

"The Hungarian Horntail." Crouch then turned to all of us. "These represent five very real dragons...each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. your objective is simple: Collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue...without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

No-one replied, so Dumbledore spoke up. "Very well. Good luck champions. Mr. Diggory, at the sound of the cannon, you may--" 

The cannon was suddenly shot by the caretaker and we could hear the cheering from the stands.

"Good luck Ced." I said as I stood on my toes to give him a peck on the cheek. He smiled down at me and walked out of the tent.

◙ ◙ ◙

Cedric had gotten the golden egg successfully, as did Krum and Fleur and it was now my turn. I walked out of the tent, with my stomach doing flips, and made my way through what seemed to be a tunnel. It led to a large arena that was full of rocks and places to hide. I spotted the Hebridean Black and went through my plan in my head.

Step 1: Distract the dragon with a spell.

Step 2: get the egg.

Step 3: Get out before I die and get burnt to a crisp.

My eyes fell upon some small rocks that were next to the sleeping dragon. They were perfect for the spell I had in mind. I raised my wand --even though I didn't actually have to, but kept up appearances-- and pointed it towards them.

"Avifors." I whispered and the rocks formed into birds. Their loud chirping woke up the dragon and flew around it's head, providing the perfect distraction for me to slip past. The dragon was still busy with the birds by the time I had gotten the egg and I ran behind a rock as soon as it figured out those birds weren't real.

But it was too late. The large beast seemed to have already spotted me and blew fire in my direction. The flames caught my hand that had my wand in and it dropped to the ground. I had no time to pick it up as the dragon was getting closer by the second. I could hear everyone getting either concerned or excited as my impending doom grew closer. 

I glanced around and locked eyes with Cedric, who was behind the gate I had come through. He mouthed words to me as if to say, 'You can do it.' I nodded firmly, grabbing the egg off the ground from beside me in the process and stood up.

A collection of gasps were heard whilst I did this and the dragon paused. It seemed as though it was confused by my actions, but soon started to advance towards me again. I looked it cold in the eyes as I lifted my hand and shouted: "Flipendo!"

Usually to other students, that spell wouldn't work on a dragon because it's not a very powerful spell. But, because I'm- well me, the dragon went flying backwards and was knocked to the ground, all the way to the other side of the arena.

The gates opened from behind me and I rushes out of there as fast as I could. I was escorted back to the tent with Cedric and we passed Harry on the way, as it was his go next.

"Good luck, Harry." I said to him as we brushed shoulders.

"Thanks."

◙ ◙ ◙

"I can't believe you did it!" Rosie exclaimed as she hugged me. "That was so dangerous. We though you were doomed for when your wand got burnt. But then, then you used your wandless magic and it was amazing! I've never seen such power, beside Dumbledore of course."

"Glad you had so much faith in me Rosie." I retorted sarcastically, opening the door to the Slytherin dorm.

"Surprise!" Came a whole bunch of cheers from our house group, Rosie and I jumped. I turned to Rosie and asked: "Did you know about this?" All she did was shake her head no in reply.

I was having a great time, chatting with other people from Slytherin, when Malfoy came up to me.

"Kate." He greeted with a somewhat harsh tone.

"Draco." I said back, easily equalling his harshness. "Did you want something?"

"My father wanted to congratulate you on the first task. Not that it would matter, I guarantee that you won't be able to complete the second. Especially if you haven't even opened the clue."  

"What?"

"The egg. Open it."

"Yeah go on Kate! Open the clue!" A boy shouted from the other end of the room. Everyone else began to join in.

"Alright, Alright." I'll open the bloody egg." I sighed in defeat as I was passed the egg. I opened the top and a screeching noise filled the whole room. Everyone covered their ears and I shut the egg quickly. When I loked around, I saw Draco curled up on the floor, still holding his ears. I laughed as I walked over to him, pulling his fingers out of his ears.

"Get up you pink pansy. I stopped the noise."

He got up quickly and acted like nothing happened whilst he walked away. Rosie came up behind me, looking at Malfoy as well as she said: " What a royal pratt."

I laughed as I walked up the stairs to our room. "Come on, bed time for you girly."

"We're the same age!" She called after me.