→←

"Dakota? What are you doing here? It's almost nine P.M." Soda chuckled, wiping the grease off of his hands with a rag.

"I just need to ask you something." I answered, leaning on the car he was working on.

He leaned against it also, glancing at me. "Alright, shoot."

"I-I'm going to try and accept Greasers again." I stuttered, fiddling with my fingers while keeping my gaze towards the ground.

I still could see a smirk form on his face from the corner of my eye. "Well, I hope it works."

"I hope it doesn't." I remarked, shooting him a playful grin.

He shook his head, narrowing his eyes at me. "You wanna fight, KoKo?"

I busted out laughing. "KoKo? That's a new one."

He shrugged, but then it looked like a light bulb went off in his brain. "KoKo-Puffs."

I started giggling. "Alright, Cheerios. I can take it."

"I'm glad both of our nicknames go with cereal brands." He laughed, running his hands through his greasy hair.

I smiled at him and for the first time, I realized just how cute Sodapop was. I never realized it before, but that was because I never glanced at him for more than a second.

But, now, as I gaze at his features in the dark, the only light shining from the DX, I finally realized he looked even better than Bob.

I shook my head, why would I say that? Bob just died.

"Like what you see?" He teased, noticing me staring at him.

I turned away, embarrassed, and tried to find an excuse, but no words could form in my mouth.

"Cat got your tounge?" Steve questioned, making both of us jump.

"You sure know how to scare the hell out of someone, Steve!" Soda shouted, making Steve laugh.

I scoffed. "He can scare anyone with those teeth."

Soda couldn't stop laughing and Steve just threw me the middle finger, making me gladly do it back

"Well, I have to go. My parents are probably flipping out right now."

Steve waved his hand away. "Yeah, you go on home, Miss Prissy Soc. You won't be missed."

"Steve, smile for me." I grinned innocently and he furrowed his eyebrows, smiling for me.

I gasped. "Ohhh! So that's how they made the yellow brick road!"

Steve's mouth dropped and Soda was laughing so hard, his face was turning as red as my shirt.

I cracked a smile and started walking off. "You two boys have a great night!"

"Be careful walking home, KoKo-Puffs!" Soda shouted from behind me, making me grin.

I turned around, raising my arms out. "I'm a Soc, why would I need to be careful?"

"You always need to be careful in this town."

I just didn't know how careful I needed to be.

→←

a short chapter, but hey, I updated!

this was also a filler chapter, but I hope you liked the little banter at the end.

peace out