1 (First days and plastic smiles)

Put your make up on, get your nails done
Curl your hair, run an extra mile
Keep it slim, so they like you
So they like you.
Get your sexy on, don't be shy girl
Take it off, this is what you want
To belong, so they like you,
So they like you.
Try (Colbie Caillat)

Greer Grammer as Chrissy Morgan

   It's been a month since I last saw my best friend. 4 weeks and two days, 30 days, 720 hours, 43,200 minutes and 234,648,00 seconds, that's how long its been. To you, it might not be a long time, but, I've been counting, and trust me, it is. Especially when you count by seconds.

  I had neither seen nor heard from her and I knew I shouldn't be worried, but I was. I mean, what kind of best friend would I be, if I didn't perform my duties as a best friend, which includes worrying unnecessarily. But then, after what had happened to her, worrying about her was not unnecessary, I mean, I feel terrible she had to go through that traumatic stage alone. But, then, I trust that her uncle and his wife were taking care of her.

  As I walked down the hall way, flunked by the cheerleaders - chattering about who was doing what and who was cuter - I wondered if I'd ever get used to not seeing her and walking to class with her. I mean, from the look of things, I didn't think she was coming back.

  Anyways, I was having a feeling as I walked. I didn't know if it was a good or bad feeling. And the stares I was getting was not helping matters.

  Stares and whispers.

  Never a good feeling or combination by the way. I mean, one only received those two when they'd either done something or looked terrible. I was none of the above. So, I turned to look at the girls, and only then did I notice that they were no longer by my side. I turned fully to know which direction they'd gone. And then I stopped on my tracks.

  Chrissy.

  She looked prettier than ever, but that might be as a result of the fact that I hadn't seen her in a month. A month is a really long time to not see your best friend.

  She was all smiles. In a really pretty white dress. And of course the cheerleaders by her side. The perks of being the head cheerleader.

   I just stood there, dazed, as she walked towards me. I wanted to run to her and throw my arms around her and cry with her, or do one of those really cheesy shit. But I couldn't. I just stood there. Just to be sure that this wasn't my mind playing tricks on me, nor one of those dreams.

  She stopped in front of me, and with a huge smile on her face, she said, "ready to get back to your position as second best?"

  I smiled. That was definitely the best friend I knew. She liked teasing me about the fact that she was better than me. No matter how much she sucked at something and I was better, she just liked saying she was the best and I always let her. She's my best friend after all.

  So this wasn't a dream. This was reality. She was so real. She was here. Standing right here, in front of me. Talking to me. She was back to me. My best friend was back to me.

  My joy knew no bounds and without a word, I just flung my arms around her, into what had to be the tightest embrace in the world. I held her tight. Just to be sure that she was real and wasn't going anywhere.

  "I missed you too bestie," she whispered, hugging me back.

Shailene Woodley as Zoey McClain

  The day had gone pretty quick and I'd practically spent the whole day observing her. I just needed clarity that she was still the same girl who had been taken away from me a month back. And she looked pretty much like the same girl. Nothing had changed.

  She looked happy. Too happy. I mean, after what she'd been through, the trauma and everything, she had to be shaken, right? But she was happy. Not that hated that she was happy. But I was concerned. It's either they'd done something to her or she was using drugs. I hoped it wasn't the later.

  "What did they do to you, wipe your memory?" I teased, as I walked her back to her car, after school.

  She gave me a smile. "I went for therapy," she replied.

  I frowned. Therapies didn't work that fast. Especially putting what she'd been through in consideration. But I didn't say anything. I just smiled as I watched her drive away.

  If she was happy. Then I was happy.