-Chapter 15.

I make my way back in the house, holding my right hand under my left. Trying not drip blood everywhere. Searching every room until I come across the bathroom, that happened to be down the hall from Kells' room. I kick the door closed behind me and turn on the cold water. Shoving my busted up, bleeding hand under the water as fast as I can. By the looks of it? I had to of hit Josh directly in the mouth and caught teeth. My knuckles were busted and swelling up. I could barely un-ball my fist. It didn't help matters either that he had his lip ring when I hit him.

Once the pain turns to numbness under the water...I think over what had happen just now.
Did I really kiss him?
Placing my hands on each side of the sink, I shift my weight from foot to foot. I keep doing this until the throbbing in my hand started again, causing me to shove it back under the water.
"Harley!" I could hear Slim calling my name but decide not to answer.
"Harley?" and there's K, they'll find me sooner or later.
"Aye, Harley you in there?"

And it's sooner.

I keep my back to the door as it opens. "Hey? You alright? Your hand 'ight?"
"Yeah, Slim. I'm good." I give him a slight grin through the mirror, until Kells shows up behind him.
"You find...Harley? Yo! You okay?" K asks as he slips past Slim and into the bathroom. 
"I'll get some ice, man..." Slim says and descends down the steps .
I know that's his excuse to leave, but I don't say nothing.
"Good idea, dude." Kells answers him before looking back at me. "Let me see your hand..." he says before trying to take my hand from under the water.
"Nah...it's fine." I move a little bit, so he can't touch me.
"Stop trippin' and give me your damn hand!"
I do as he says cause I can hear the slightest annoyance in his voice.
I couldn't help the flinch when he touched the swollen parts of my hand. Just then was when I noticed that one knuckle was out of place. My whole left hand was already one big bruise. Like I had punched a solid brick wall, instead of somebody's face!
"I can push it back into place if you want? But that shit is gonna hurt like bitch!"
"Shit!" I roll my eyes. "Do it..."
"You sure?" I nod my head and close my eyes. "Alright take a deep breath. 1...2...3!"
he pushes...
I can hear and feel my knuckle scrape against bone. It cracks and I could feel it pop back into place. I immediately I bring my hand to my chest and bite back a scream.
"Let me see it again..."
I'm still holding my hand to my chest when I look at him. I'm sure my face said..."Are you kidding me?!"
But...I did.
When I bring my hand back it's shaking with serious pain.
"You should be alright. It's gonna be fucking sore as shit for awhile. But you good..."
I nod.
"Can you please say more then just two God..."
"Don't use the Lords name in vain in front of me, please " I look directly at him.
"Okay... My bad. Can you talk to me then? More than two words perhaps?"
"What you want me to say?" I turn back towards the sink, cut the water off then looked back at him.
"How bout what just happened in my damn driveway?"
"I punched a dudes teeth down his throat. End of story."
"Alright...hold on." He told me, before walking out the bathroom door. "SLIM!!"
"What mothafucka?"
"Throw me a bag of ice, dick!"
I could hear him hollering from the top of the steps.
"Oh...yeah. Here. Catch."
"Here. Let's go to my room" he waited in the hall for me to go first.

I sat on the corner of his bed and held the ghetto ass ice pack, which was a ZipLoc bag with ice cubes against my knuckles.
A moment later, he took at seat beside me. "Uh? Usually my big ass mouth can say whatever the fuck is on my mind. But I want you to tell me what happened...out there."
"Whatchu mean?"
"You know damn well what I mean!" he smiled. 
I sighed and hanged my head. "Don't ask me why I did it cause I don't fucking know. I was pissed and you were holding me back...I don't know..."
"So?...you kissed me..." he paused "...cause I way in your way? Hmph, maybe I should get in the way more often. If that's the reward I get!" he laughs.
"Nah. I usually don't just kiss people like that. I'm sorry though..." Readjusting the ice on my hand.
"No worries. You ain't the first chick to randomly plant one on me."
"You just sounded like such a fucking man whore just then!"
At that we both bursted out laughing.
"So...is he gone?" I ask, more seriously.
"Oh, yeah! I don't think he's coming back anytime soon." K says as he picks up the half of a blunt from the stand beside his bed.
"Good. I just hope he don't call the cops...I really don't want to go back to jail..." I wish I could take the words back as soon as they left my mouth.
"Whoa. Back up. Did you say "back to jail"? What the hell you go to jail for?"
"Assault. I spent three and a half years in Juvie for assault with an intent to kill. Or so they say..."
"Holy shit!"
"Yeah...I was a little bad mothafucka."
"How long since your last arrest?"
"I straightened my life out after my son was born. I can't be a mom behind bars..."
"True. You wanna hit this?" he asks before offering the blunt. "So, you just got your 
son then right?"
I take a hit and pass it back. "Nah..." I take minute to let all the smoke escape my lungs.."I have a eight year old daughter too."
"Oh shit. Does her dad live round here too?" "I don't know where he is. Never really met the guy..."
"Whatchu mean never met him? Y'all got a kid together? How you not know the mothafucka?" he joked.
I stayed quiet for a few. I really didn't want to tell him the truth.
Because then Joshua would be right.
I was damaged.
"Aye...did I say something?"
"No, darling. Uh, I don't know my daughters father...because..uh...he didn't exactly let me see his face...my daughter is the result of a rape from when I was younger..." I stare at my hand that was now numb from the ice.
"Oh, fuck...now I feel real shitty for cracking jokes and shit. My bad."
"Its cool. No worries. Hey...you mind if I lay back for a few?"
"Nah...shit...go ahead." he gets up so I can lay back then lays beside me with his hands folded across his stomach. Even though I try my hardest to resist the urge to trace his tattoos with my fingers, I end up doing it anyway.

Soon I fall asleep with my hand resting on his chest.

** A/N: All edited on my phone! Any mess ups? My bad! **