She leaves the room, and I go to change into clothes for school.

I brush my teeth, and head down the stairs, smelling Henry's breakfast through my nostrils. "Good morning!" Henry says as he placed the breakfast in front of my seat. "Morning." I pick up my fork. "Thanks." I tell him.

My dad comes down the stairs, with a phone between his ear and shoulder. He looks busy. He has a briefcase on his hands, and he sits down next to me, munching up his breakfast fast. He quickly mumbles a 'bye' and kisses my head, then leaves.

"Well, I'm gonna be late." I pick up my school bag, and head out the door. Schools not far from my house so I decided I'd walk. Get some fresh air.

I arrive at the school doors, to be greeted by Ethan himself. He brings an arm around my shoulder, and ruffles my hair. "Hey bup!"

"Hey." I grin. "Let's go." He tells me; his arm still around my shoulder. We walk over to our first class, which we happen to have together.

"Hey Ethan." I hear from Ethan's side. His arm slides off my shoulder, and he replies to the girl, who I just happened to glance at as I kept walking, while he stopped to talk to her.

Her skirt was short, her shirt was unbuttoned, showing cleavage, her auburn hair as straightened, and I'm pretty sure her lip gloss was 99 cents at a dollar store. She twirled her hair, as she chewed on her bubblegum loudly; something Ethan hates, so I don't know why he showed interest.

Okay, yes. I'm very observant. How do you think I know Ethan so well.

I take a seat in my chair, and play with my pencil, waiting for the final bell to ring. Ethan's still not in the classroom yet, because of that girl, but it's okay I guess, if he wants to be a garbage man forever.

This class is important. It's not his 'big test' class, but it still is.

"Hey, can I borrow a pencil?" Someone behind me taps my shoulder. I turn around. "Sorry, I don't have one." I mumble. Which was a lie. I had tons. "Oh okay." He says. Now that I think of it, he's kinda cute. Just cute. Nothing else.

Ethan walks in, the auburn head girl following behind him. He takes the seat next to me, and the girl sits in front of him.

this next part is inspired by 'One Tree Hill'.

"Okay, class. Today we'll be getting to know one another more." Mr. Francis says.

"But, its the middle of the year." Someone from the back of the classroom says. "Yes, but do you guys really know one another?" He asks. Everyone stays quiet.

"Right." He chuckles. "Okay, Carter." I bring my head up. "Hm?"

"How would you explain your classmates in one word?" He asks. "Um..." I think for a while. Gosh, what do I say. "Awesome?"

"Awesome." He pauses. "Okay..." he writes five words on the board.

Jock. Prom Queen. Geek. Loner.

He stops to think of one last word. "Slut?" Some girl says in the corner of the room. The class snickers. He turns around to give her the 'what the fuck' look, then goes back to writing, and writes down 'friendly'.

"You all can be one of these things in high school. But, in the future; when there's no more high school, no ones gonna care what you were like in high school. It isn't important to them. So, I'm assuming everyone has some sort of label. But, that label isn't gonna stick with you forever. It's gonna go away once you turn into those adults. These labels are just some of the labels used here..." he pauses.

"Say, you can only use one of these five words to explain someone." He points to the girl with auburn hair. "Lacey. How would you explain Brandon in one word?" He asks her.

"Um.. I don't know. Nice?" She says. "Use one of these words." He pauses. "And you shouldn't say friendly, because we all know what that means."

a/n: in the episode, when she said slut, he didn't write it down physically, but friendly did mean slut in a way.

"Um, okay. Geek?" She raises an eyebrow. I glance at Brandon, who didn't look amused. He looked hurt, angry. I don't know.

"Geek. Well, welcome to the club, Brandon." Mr. Francis jokes. "Carter." He says. "Yeah?" I reply. "What's Ethan's middle name."

"Grant." I say with no hesitation. "Okay, now Ethan." He says. "What's Riley's last name." Ethan turns around to where Riley is sitting. He hesitates. "I.... I don't know." He tells the teacher. He turns back to Riley. "I'm sorry." He tells her. She nods, but still looks annoyed.

"Alright. Now using these five words, we're gonna explain some people in here. The whole class shout it out when I call on a name."

"Lacey." He says. "Prom Queen." The class replies.

"Ethan." He says. "Jock." The class replies.

"Carter." He says. "Prom Queen." The class replies. Oh, seriously?

"Ellie." He says. "Prom Queen." The class replies. "Oh, what? No, I'm defiantly a loner." She laughs. "Oh really? A cheerleader, with a jock boyfriend. Some loner." Riley says sarcastically. "You're no loner. If someone were to be a loner, I'd be me." Is the last thing Riley says before turning her attention back to Mr. Francis.

"Well. Okay, that's the end of class. Pack up students, and see ya all tomorrow." He sits back down on his desk.

a/n: I didn't do the parter thing because that'd be too much to write and too much info to remember.

I put my pencil back in my school bag, and socialize with Ethan until the bell rings. "That was a pretty cool lesson." I say. "Yeah, but it was embarrassing. I couldn't even remember that girls last name." He groans. "I wish I got the middle name thing, and you got the last name thing."

"Aw, you're so sweet." I say sarcastically. "Shut up. Oh, and me and some guys are going shopping later. You wanna come?" He asks. "Sure." I sling the backpack strap onto my shoulder.

Someone taps Ethan's shoulder, and he turns around. It was Lindsey or something like that. "Oh, Lacey. This is Carter." He shows me to Lacey. "Hi." I say. "Hey." She sits with her legs crossed, and her hands in her lap. How do girls even sit like that? When I try it's so uncomfortable. I sit normally, with my elbows on my knees. Is that normal?

"Yeah, well, we're going at 3:00. So come to my house or something." He tells me. "What are you guys doing at 3:00?" Lacey asks. "Fucking bitches, and drugging hookers." I say with a sarcastic smile. "Yeah." Ethan says. We both laugh together, while Lacey sits there, still figuring out if it was a joke or not.

The bell rings, and we make our way to the next class.

________

hope you enjoyed the second chapter of 'bestfriend.'

i know it's called best friend and all. but like, are they gonna be more than besties? I don't know. keep reading to find the fuck out.

-j