Escape From Antoria Part 33

Start from the beginning

I have one thing to be grateful for out of all this, the demon obviously doesn't know where Izzy is because from the wave of destruction that he's left behind him, he's searching and he can go on searching. What kind of idiot hides something then forgets where they put it?

All I can hope is that Izzy is safe and that Holly and Blake will bring her back to me. I'm hoping sooner rather than later but looking for a single baby out of all the babies on the planet. Well let's just say it will take a long time to find her.

When we reached the castle once more, my feet were throbbing but it was a good pain, it made me realise that I could still feel something. I felt strong, warm arms wrap around my waist as I walked into the main courtyard. I caught sight of the huge gaping hole in the ground and felt my breath catch. I can't wait until it's filled in. Every time I see it, it just reminds me of the demons that could be unleashed at anytime and if that's not scary then I don't know what is.

"How are you doing?" Nate asked as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Not so good but I'll live. I'm more worried about everyone else than myself." I sighed as I continued to drag my feet. Nate unwrapped one of his arms from my waist and shifted behind me. What the hell? Next thing I know he is carrying me bridal style. "I can walk you know." I huffed.

"Oh I don't doubt that but you're taking longer than my great aunt Daisy" He replied with a chuckle as we watched his great aunt Daisy power walk ahead of us into the castle. I only hope I'm like that at her age and felt my lips twitch into an almost smile.

Nate carried me up to our room and insisted on helping me change for the party tonight. Another Antorian tradition, instead of a glum wake they literally celebrate the dearly departed which I preferred. My dad wouldn't have wanted a room full of glum people and only a few of us knew him so it would be pointless to have a wake. At least this way people get to have fun in his memory. I was now in a cute black dress, and again with the green sash which was now tied around my waist so that it looked more like a belt.

Nate just changed into a more loose fitting black suit which clung loosely to his body. He put his green sash back on as I was slipping into a pair of heels., I swear they're trying to kill me. "Ok let's go." I said in a quiet voice and Nate immediately walked over to me in time for the tears to pour down my face.

"Shh, it's ok." He whispered in my ear but that just made me sob harder.

"How can it be ok? My dad's dead and Izzy is missing. Why did they have to be taken away? What if they get you or Holly next? What if they get your family too?" I ranted as I pressed my face into his chest soaking his clean shirt. Oops.

"You have to believe everything will be ok. I know it hurts that your dad is gone and I can't say the pain will go away because it won't but eventually you'll be able to live with it. As for Izzy, don't you think I'm hurting too? She was as much mine as she was yours. I want to go with Blake and Holly to look for her but I know if I leave thousands of lives will be at risk. It is my duty to protect the people from that demon." He said as he buried his head into my hair. "We will get her back and we will be a family. Blake said wherever she is, that Rosmardin is looking after her so you should trust that she will be ok. OK?" He finished with a question and not sure what else to do so I merely nodded my head.

"OK." I whispered trying to give him a smile but I'm sure it came out more as a grimace.

"Come on Ari. Enjoy yourself for your dad. I don't think he would have liked to have seen you like this." With that he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bedroom.

On the way to the party, we knocked on the doors for his brothers and sisters so that we all went down together. Little Sammy practically jumped into my arms and the twins hugged into Nate and my sides. The rest of our siblings followed numbly behind.