Escape From Antoria part 23

Part 23 only short but this is my version of procrastination do this and then i wont have to read stuff for seminar tomorrow.Hope you enjoy!!

Chapter 22

Sam's POV

Nate and Ari were laid side by side on a huge bed with silk sheets. It's been over a week and neither had woken up since the huge event and none of us were sure what to do. Holly was fine surprisingly because Blake who I don't even remember being in the throne room stopped her from hitting the wall. We were just waiting for the other two.

Ingrid came into the room with Izzy coddled up in her arms and came to stand by me.

"Any change?" She asked. I looked over at the two motionless forms on the bed and shook my head.

"No." I said in monotone. I don't know how but in the short time that I've known them, both Nate and Ari have become family to me. Izzy stirred in Ingrid's arms and I couldn't help but smile and the beautiful child. I hope that Ingrid and I can have our own children now that the main threat is gone.

Izzy's head twisted and turned as if searching for something until it landed on the two frozen forms on the bed. She stretched her hands towards them. I felt more than saw the magic pouring from the strange child and watched in amazement as both Nate and Ari moved in perfect timing as the both rolled onto their sides so that they were facing each other and their hands searched for the other. When their palms came in contact with one another, I watched in amazement at the strange shield that pulsed from them. It was all off Ari's elements but as if they were being manipulated by some other force. The air danced and pulsed and the smell of a freshly cut lawn filled my senses. The burning fires and cooling waters all mingled into one. To say it looked amazing would be an understatement.

Izzy still leaned towards them but neither Ingrid nor I wanted to move we just wanted to watch. Izzy gave out a frustrated cry and turned her eyes to Ingrid whose eyes widened before she took Izzy towards her parents. I watched in amazement as Izzy's body moved easily through the shield but as soon as Ingrid's hands came in contact with the rainbow of colours, she recoiled as if she'd been burnt dropping the baby through the barrier with a yelp.

Instead of the baby dropping straight down onto the silk sheets, I watched as she descended in slow motion before landing gently between the unconscious forms. I watched in awe as Izzy put her hand on Nate and Ari's joined hands and the shield change from a chaotic swirl of colours and elements to a smooth peaceful gold and contented smiles appeared on both Nate and Ari's faces. That kid has some serious mojo if she can do all this and is only just a week old.

Slowly the glow of the barrier intensified before collapsing inwards bathing the three intermingled forms in a calming silver light. I watched as slowly Nate's eyes opened and he shot up on the bed. Ari however was a bit slower as she took the time to scoop the gurgling baby up off of the sheets and hug her close to her body. She finally looked up at us and smiled. "Hi Sam. Hey Ingrid. Did we do it?"

I was ecstatic that they were awake and speechless as well after what I had just seen so my reply was merely a nod. I listened as Ingrid cleared her throat next to me. Oh yeah. "Blake said to tell you that he'll meet you as soon as you wake up to discuss the action on what to do next because we have clean up duty to do and a new king and queen to crown." They merely nodded not really paying attention then turned to one another and smiled.

I turned and grasped Ingrid's hand before pulling her out of the door. I can see great things happening with those two in charge and the idea of no longer having to hide was pure bliss.

© Katherine Pocock 2010