>>21<< Meet the Parents

Crickets chirped loudly as Josh and I approached the door.
"You ready?"
"As I'll ever be," We shared a quick kiss. I hiked my duffle bag higher onto my shoulder before taking a deep breath and turning the doorknob.
A hand intertwined itself with my own, Josh following close behind while we entered the ranch house.

A chorus of hellos and hey's filled the living room where most of my brothers and sisters sat. "Hey guys! We're gonna run these up to the room real quick-"

"Then you gotta introduce cotton candy boy!" My older brother Aaron called. All he got was an eye roll while I lead Josh to our room in the basement.

Our room consisted of two queen sized beds, a dresser, and a small closet. "We'll figure this out later," I explained to Josh, holding onto his hand and leading him back to the main room where everyone was.
"Fine by me,"

Once we were upstairs, the two of us sat on the large brown leather couch that lined about half of the room. "You gonna tell me who this guy is?" Aaron nodded toward Josh.
"This is Josh, my boyfriend," I introduced. My dad sat silently in his recliner, not quite ready to comment on the situation quite yet.
"Nice to meet you Josh," my mom piped up from across the room.
"The pleasure is all mine Mrs. Brighton," Josh was obviously trying to make a good impression.
"Please, call me June, Mrs. Brighton makes me feel old,"
Josh nodded as the rest of my siblings and their partners introduced themselves to him.

After a few minutes of conversation, Rachel, my older sister, walked in with her newest baby. Hailey was about a month old now, and was currently my (youngest and) favorite niece. "Rachel! Glad you made it! Now give me the child," I made grabby hands like a 4 year old until she passed me the baby. I loved babies, no matter who's they were.

"Nice to see you too..." Rachel laughed and shook Josh's hand. "Rachel,"
"Josh,"
I sat there half paying attention while they talked, Rachel sitting down to my left. A few moments later the quick pitter patter of toddler feet sounded through the main floor.
"Aunt Mae!!" 3 year old Alya nearly tripped at least 5 times on her race to the couches.
"Alya!" I passed Hailey back to her mother and lifted the small girl onto my lap.
Alya looked at Josh, "Your hair is pink," she pointed to the fading pink that adorned my boyfriend's head. "I wish my hair was pink," The little girl's black pigtails whipped around when she turned her head. "Mommy can I have pink hair?" Alya asked Marinette.
"Maybe when you're older, but right now you need to go back to bed sweetheart," Adrien, her father and my oldest brother, answered with his arm draped over his wife's shoulders.
"Ok," Her eyes sparkled as she leaned toward Josh's ear to tell him something. "Are you Auntie Mae's boyfriend?" He let out a small chuckle and nodded. Alya gasped, "Aunt Mae, your boyfriend is very handsome," she loudly whispered to me and jumped off my lap.
"Why thank you," a small laugh escaped me. "Goodnight Aly Bug,"
"Night," I turned my head to see Josh smiling at me while Alya's footsteps retreated. "What?"
"Nothing, you're just really beautiful,"
"Shut up," His chest bounced with laugher as I buried my head in it.
"You're gonna be a great mom," Josh rubbed circles in my back.
"You think so?" I lifted my head from his chest to his shoulder.
"Based on Alya's reaction to you, and the fact that you demanded your sister's child the moment you saw her; yes," The drummer placed his head on top of mine.
"You guys are so cute oh my gosh," Bre, who happened to be Jack's (the youngest of the Brightons) girlfriend chirped and I'm sure snapped a picture. I don't know about Josh, but I could definitely feel my face turn into a nice pink.

We talked for a couple hours, Josh mostly answered questions (mostly from my dad) about his job, life, and if we were to get married. There was a couple songs broken into, but that's just how us Brightons work.
"Alright, I'm heading to bed," I stood up and headed to our room.
Josh grabbed my hand and turned me around, "I'll be down in a couple minutes, love you," he placed a sweet peck on my lips and let go of my hand.
"Goodnight"

Once in bed, I scrolled through my feed on various social media platforms. My notifications pinged.
Lizzo- how'd they like him?

Maecorni- i think they like him, my dad is getting there but you know how he is

Lizzo- tru. I'll talk to you later, it's like 3 in the morning rn 😂😂

Maecorni- k. gn 😂

I checked Josh's snapchat story to find multiple videos of me singing my heart out, sleeping or just looking out the window. After plugging my phone in, Josh entered the room.
"Hey you," the boy sat on bed, shifting the weight. I hummed in response. "You care if I sleep here?"
"Not a bit, " Josh climbed to the unoccupied side of the bed and got comfortable. He wrapped his arms around me, resting his head in the crook of my neck.
"D'you think they like me?" 
"How could they not?" I turned to face him. The moonlight cast shadows across his face. "You're sweet, sincere, funny. You fit right in,"
"Even your dad?"
"He was like that with Rachel's husband too," I assured the worried 28 year old. "He's just protective, and he's only met a couple of boyfriends. My dad is just making sure I don't get hurt,"
"I wouldn't ever want to hurt you," Josh defended.
"I know," My lips gently touched his forehead. "Now get some sleep, you'll need it,"

IM ALIVE!! yay. we're half way to 1k so that pretty much awesome. I love comments and messages so send them! My dms are always open, and you guys are all so much cooler than me.
-Abby 🤘🏻👽❤️