>>24<< Spiedy-Sense

3:57  
The clock resting on the wall read. I hung up on Josh 8 or so hours ago and haven't moved once. Tear streaks stained my face, and every so often new ones would be made. My large sweater sleeves were damp with tears and had streaks of mascara drawn across them. My mind continued the pattern it had been following for the past 8 hours.
Hate myself,
You really messed up. Josh hates you. I don't think he ever loved you anyway. Why don't you just go with him? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!?
Cry,
Calm down,
If he really loves you he will respect your decision. It's going to be okay.
Repeat.

Currently I was in the second stage of this cycle for what seemed like the hundredth time. The blankets loosely draped around me tried to fill the emptiness inside me, and failing.

My front door closed, startling me, but when I looked over, a large set of arms engulfed my frame. I hugged the stranger back and continued to cry, letting all the emotions that had settled resurface. They let go and lifted the blankets, snuggling closer to me. Immediately Josh's familiar scent filled my nose and I hugged him so tight I'm surprised I didn't break something.
"How-How are you here?" I managed between sobs.
"I bought a ticket for the next flight here as soon as you hung up," Josh's breath fanned my cheek while he stroked my hair.
"How did you know I needed you?"
"Its kinda like spiedy-sense, but for you," My fingers ran through the mess of pink that adorned the top of Josh's head as I hummed in response. He momentarily got up, retuning with a tall glass of water, which I drank in mere seconds. His bright hair still visible in the dark room, Josh brought me another glass, followed by a cup filled with tea. Once he placed both cups in the sink, Josh nuzzled close. I laid my head on the soft NASA shirt he seemed to always be wearing.

The steady sound of Josh's heartbeat, combined with the rhythmic rise and fall of my head on his chest, calmed me and put me to sleep.

I might have to take him up on that offer.

The next morning, or afternoon more accurately, I woke up on the couch in a pile of blankets and a pink haired drummer practically glued to my side. I ran my fingers through his hair, so faded that the pink had turned a nice blonde color, almost matching my own. A tired groan informed me that Josh was awake, my hands retreated from the mess of hair.
"Mmm no, don't stop," Josh lazily put my hands back on his head, and his arms pulled me closer.
"Thanks,"
"Hmm?" He laid on my stomach, arms around my waist.
"For last night, I really needed you,"
Josh hummed and lifted my sweater to place a soft kiss on my stomach before returning to his previous position. We sat in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes, before my stomach decided to voice its opinion on its lack of food. Josh looked at me in confusion, "What? I don't think I ate at all last night," He just shook his head and stood up.
"Well today's your lucky day, because for a limited time, yours truly will be preparing my signature breakfast," His attempt at a fancy accent gave him a small smile.

•••
After dining on the famous Joshua Dun breakfast, which consisted of cereal, toaster waffles and orange juice, the two of us sat back in the blanket cave I had created the night before.

I missed this. Being without Josh's, even for a few weeks, had really taken it's toll on me. I don't think I had realized how different my life was once he came, I smiled more, I always felt like everything was right with the world. But when I got off the plane about a month ago, I knew something was missing, but now, I have it back.
"Mae, are you okay?" A strong voice disturbed my thinking.
"Mmhm, I was just thinking about your offer,"
"Good, cause I don't know how I lived without you for 28 years,"

>><<
Most of the rest of the day consisted of couch cuddles and Disney movies. Josh talked about redying his hair while I sat a pulled at his faded strands.
"Maybe blue again?" His mocha brown eyes looked up at me, his head resting on my lap. "Or back to pink?" Josh took a piece of his own hair and twirled it, nearly going cross eyed trying to look at it.
"You look hot no matter what color your hair is," the truth sounded softly over 'Sleeping Beauty'.

He smiled and shook his head at me. "You're the best,"

"Someone has to be," I smirked.

"Fair point," the indecisive drummer laughed, "but really, what should I do?"

"Honestly do whatever," I answered truthfully.

"Maaaaaeeee," Josh whined. "That doesn't help,"

A small laugh pushed through my lips, "I dunno, make a Twitter poll or something,"

"Mkay," What he didn't know was that I wasn't really serious, but nonetheless, Josh proceeded to post the poll.

"Wait, you really did it?" Josh nodded and passed me his phone. The poll quickly started to show pink as the winner, even within the few seconds it had been posted.

"We should do it tomorrow," I gave him a confused look,"dye my hair, maybe we can do yours too, if you want,"

"Sounds good, except I need you to answer 2 questions for me; When is your flight back and where on earth is your suitcase?"

Josh adjusted his position so he was sitting up and looking at me, "about that... I don't have either,"

>>>>><<<<

What? I'm alive? Crazy right? Here ya go, you guys are literally the best.

Vote, Share, and Comment!!

Lots of Love,
-Abby 👽🤘🏻❤️