Chapter 21

Yay! I UPDATED! You guys can leave suggestions for what you want to happen in the next chapters. -Alexa

Spencer's pov

Toby had to work today so I get to spend it with Avery. It's sunday so I thought we could go visit the girls.

Quickly I change out of my pyjamas before heading towards Avery's room. When I walk in Avery is sound asleep. Her stuffed lion in her arms.

I walk towards her bed and crouch down. Gently I rub her shoulder to wake her up. Soon enough she stirs awake and looks at me with big brown eyes. A smile appears to her face and she wraps her arms around me.

"Goodmorning mommy." She yawns.

"Goodmorning sweetie. Do you wanna visit the girls today. They miss you." I smile.

She nods her head rapidly, clearly wanting to see them again. I stand up and go over to her closet to pick out an oufit. I grab a blue skirt and a gold polka dotted shirt.

I place them on her bed and kiss her head.

"Get ready. I'll make breakfast." She nods.

I make my way out of her room and downstairs.

A couple minutes later Avery comes down the stairs dressed in her outfit. I hand her a plate with eggs and bacon on it. Then sit down beside her.

After breakfast I put the dishes in the sink and then bring Avery to the washroom. I set her on the counter as I brush out her hair.

"Can I have a ponytail please." Avery asks.

"Ofcourse."

I grab a blue elastic and put her hair into a ponytail. She smiles when im done and shakes her head to watch the ponytail bounce. I grab her off the counter and we go to the front door. She puts on her shoes while I do the same.

Once we're both ready we walk out to the car and I buckle Avery in. I climb in the driver's side and we make our way to Hanna's house where we all decied to meet.

...

When I pull into Hanna's driveway, Avery smile grows bigger. I unbuckle her from her car seat and lift her down. She runs to the door and knocks on it. Not even a minute later Hanna opens the door and pulls Avery into a tight hug.

We all go into the house and into the livingroom where the rest of the girls are. Avery runs and gives everyone a hug. I smile and take a seat beside Emily.

After Avery's hugs she settles on my lap. All the girls are talking to her and she immediately replies. She tells them all about school and the zoo.

"So Avery, are you excited for Christmas!?" Aria asks smiling.

"Its only November." I laugh.

Aria shrugs and waits for Avery to respond.

"Yeah! I get to bake Santa cookies." Avery grins. "And daddy always eats them too, I have to hide them."

All the girls laugh and I tickle Avery, she tries to escape and call for help inbetween fits of laughter.

Toby's pov

Later that day

I finish my last report before waving goodbye to the other officers. It's late and Avery would be going to bed soon.

I hop in my truck and take the familiar route home. The streets were lit by streetlights.

When I arrived home the lights were on in the house. Opening the door, Avery hugged my leg. I pulled her up and twirled her around.

"Hey princess." I smile.

"Hi Daddy!" She smiles back.

"Where's mommy?" I ask and she points to the couch where Spencer lays asleep. The light from the tv screen relfecting off her face.

"She was very tired." Avery giggles.

"Alright let's get you to bed." I say and go up the stairs.

We go into her room and i grab her pyjamas from her dresser. Quickly i change her out of her clothes and into her pyjamas. Then tuck her into bed.

"Goodnight sweetie." I say as i kiss her head.

"Night Daddy." She grins and closes her eyes. But not before grabbing her teddy bear and bringing it closer.

Once she's comfortable i leave and head back downstairs to the livingroom. I turn off the tv before picking Spencer up off the couch and carrying her upstairs.

Carefully i place her on the bed and get her into more comfortable clothing. Then I change out of my uniform and into some of my own pyjamas. Turning off the lights i crawl into bed and bring Spencer closer to me. Embracing her in a hug.

"Goodnight Spence, love you." Gently i kiss her head and drift off to sleep.

This chapter probably sucks but my brain is like lacking creativity. So please feel free to leave ideas. -Alexa