Unforgettable

Thanksgiving was more than memorable, it was beyond words. Since Harry invited me over to his mom's house for the holiday, I needed to look nice. And I was incredibly grateful that I wasn't sitting on my couch, eating "just add water" mashed potatoes, and writing some sas poem. So on the morning of the day for giving thanks, I woke up just a half an hour earlier, making sure I got my "beauty sleep" which never helped... But I still got up to the sound of my obnoxious alarm. I walked into my bathroom and looked at my appearance. And I realized, I deperately needed a shower. So I grabbed my iPod and iHome and walked back into the room. I plugged it in and shuffled my newly purchased songs, which included three songs from various artists and the Neighbourhood's album. They were my new, recent obsession. And they were fabulous. I stepped under the warm water in the shower and stood there for a second, just thinking about things and trying to solve the world's problems in a short while. But after about three seconds under the scorching water, I remembered I had to properly take care of my tattoo, which I had totally forgotten about. And as soon as I was in the shower, I was shaved, clean, and fresh-smelling. I mean, Lush products will do that to you.

I had dried my hair and straightened it in about and hour. I was on to makeup and I wasn't sure if I was going with natural with a brighter lip, the normal fall look, or darker on the eyes and lighter on the lips. So I texted Harry, asking him, though I knew he didn't really know which to answer with. But hey replied with a, "Well, it's whatever you want, but your eyes are pretty flawless, so I would go darker on the eyeballs and lighter on the kisser". So I did exactly what he told me to do. I never used black because it seemed to dull the color of my eyes, rather than bring them out. So my eyeliner consisted of liquid brown eyeliner covered in an eyeshadow that brought my eyeballs out more. I slid a few coats of sexy mother pucker from Soap and Glory over my lips and I was satisfied with my makeup, and I was off to find what I was going to wear.

I had practically destroyed my cloest and my room to gather an outfit, but I had finally achieve the task. I was wearing a nude colored shirt under and black leather jacket with black pants and grey Steve Maddens with a red zipper on the back. And as soon as I zipped up my boot and flipped my hair back in it's correct position, my doorbell rang.

I ran down the stairs, almost slipping on the misplaced towel that had somehow made its way on my stairs. And although the boys weren't home because they were all off visiting their parents, I was still going to blame them. I unlocked and opened the door to a tasseled Harry with his hair perfectly misplaced, draped in a wool pecoat and his infamous boots with this skinny jeans, hands gripping some kind of coffee cup.

"Hello dear, you look lovely. May I come in?"

"Of course not!" I said. His face dropped and his smile had fallen off his lips.

"I'm totally kidding! Come in, come in."

I ushered him in to where he was sitting on my couch gripping a warm cup of tea.

"I had gotten you one too. It's sitting on the kitchen counter. By the way, you look fantastic. You look like...me. Like if that outfit was "manlier", and shorter boots, I would totally wear it."

"Well thank you. I appreciate the tea. I'm all ready if you would like to head off."

"Yes, we shall be on our way."

 I grabbed my coat and my purse, grasping my tea in my other hand. We walked out of the door, Harry holding it open for me, like a gentleman would do. He also opened my car door for me. He was definitely a man your mom would tell you about when she talked about someone to go after. But I don't think I could ever think of him as more than my best friend. He's like my brother, and that may sound wretched to others, getting 'brother-zoned', but I think he 'sister-zoned' me. And I was perfectly okay with that.