21

Song: The Dog Days Are Over- Florence and the machine

--

"I'd say you've grown up so much, but you're still as short as always," I roll my eyes and push open the glass door to hell/my volunteer job. I flip Chris off as we make our way towards the front desk, where Kelly perks up immediately in the presence of a hot dude.

"I'm just sayin', you're so small for a full grown human being." He cranes his neck to peer up at the big glass panels above the desk.

"Yeah, but that's nothing compared to how small you're dick is for a full grown human being," I stop at the desk with Chris at my side.

"Still as snarky as always I see," I don't bother to retort.

I'm 5"2 bitch.

"Hello Mr," Kelly purrs at Chris. "Hello Cathina."

"Hi," I deadpan, and wait for them to finish introducing themselves. I turn around to face the glass walls, which show a slew of people working their asses off on elliptical machines. Round of applause for them but fuck me if I ever got on one of those.

"Yeah, my buddy; Jack Higgins, do you know him? Works here."

Kelly nods. She probably doesn't even know him.

"Hooked me up with a job. I'm the new Swimming Instructor."

Kelly's eyes light up like she just got all you can eat McDonald's for a year. "So... I guess we'll be seeing each other quite a bit," she walks around the tan coloured desk and motions to him with a flirty nod. "Come along, I'll show you the ropes."

I stand left alone in the empty lobby. K bye, I think bitterly. I've learned that Kelly seems like the kind of person I would avoid at all costs. Though I can't help but think whether or not she is as one dimensional as she seems. God for her sake I hope not.

I begin my short walk to the entrance of the boxing facility for what seems like the 463rd time. I'm anticipating something I've been waiting for all weekend. The reason my mom thought I was on drugs because I've been so spacey. The reason Naomi hasn't spoken to me yet and José has come to my door in apology. The reason I had a motherfucking sex dream in the middle of class.

Andy Garanov.

I open the door with a renewed sense of giddiness. Immediately Denzel Curry's song; Ultimate, whacks at my eardrums and I peer around the room while listening to an endless stream of rap-screaming.

...He's not here.

My heart sinks as low as shawty when she gets down. And I mean low.

How could he not be here? How the fuck could he not be here?

I turn to leave the room in order to give myself a little bit of thinking time on my favourite couch in my favourite room of the building, but a hand on my arm stops me. I turn towards the man with the strong grip and immediately recoil in fear. It's the last person I want to see. Kylo.

"Cathina," he takes a step towards me with his hand still on my arm. I take a step back, partially out the door. "You're here... you came." He shakes his head and his eyes seem almost wild. "I didn't think..." I feel his hand twitch on my arm and I finally snap out of my fearful state and into a defensive position. I'm finally able to realize that this man could hurt me, that he could cause actual physical damage the way he caused me emotional damage. "You're here..." he repeats and peers into my eyes.

"Stay the fuck away from me," I spit my words at him. He scrunches his eyebrows. "Please Cathina. I'm... I'm so sorry..."

"So am I," I say and the proceed to kick him in the shin. He lets go of my arm immediately with a strangled cry and bends to clutch his leg. "If you ever even look at me in the wrong way again, I swear to fucking god I hope you're not allergic to nuts because I will kick yours so far up you're asshole you'll be able to taste them. Don't fucking come near me again, bitch."

I straighten up to see the room has gone completely silent, the music turned off and every man in the room staring at me. Shit I fucked up, they're gonna beat me down. I wait nervously for someone to speak as Ky stares at me with a sort of unfiltered hatred. Finally after what seems like forever one man in the back that I don't recognize begins a slow clap. Every single buff wrestler in the room begins to clap with glee. The room has erupted in applause... all aimed at me. Some guy hoots in the back and that's the last straw for Kylo. He stands to his full height and spits at the ground in front of me. Without a word he pushes past me and out the door. The applause becomes louder and a few men begin whistling. I stand in awe.

They're clapping for me! Fuckin clapping all for me! Holy shit!

One of the men closest to me comes up in the applause and pulls me forward into the crowd. I hesitantly high five every damn guy who offers me congratulations. They seem just as stunned as me regarding the situation. The music starts up again and the men begin introducing themselves, one by one I've suddenly met every man in the boxing wing.

"What's you're name?" One of the guys yells over the music. "Is this you're first time here kid?"

"Jesus I've been here a month you dumbfucks," I say in retaliation.

Instead of getting knicker twisted, the men begin laughing and smiling and I feel proud of myself.

"Dayum! then we've been missing out," the same guy yells. I smile at the comradery of the men. "Hell yeah you have," yell back.

--

Ik it's short but kudos to Cathina am I right? Also I miss Andy just as much as everyone else in this chapter so stay tuned he's comin back.