seventeen

Sorry about the short chapter but I wanted to get something up. I'm not going to let my shitty day deprive you guys of a chapter.

But hey look a wild otp xx
~~~

Ghostly strands of moonlight flow through the open curtains, making Mitch's hair glow with a gentle hue. I lay facing him, looking at him sleep.

I haven't been able to sleep.

I made up with him a few days ago, but I'm still.. Nervous I guess.

What if he changes his mind about me?

I mean we aren't even dating. He has no commitment to me.

I have the urge to reach out and touch him, but I hold back. He looks so peaceful.

There's still bags under his eyes, but he looks happier. I can't help but wonder if it's because of me.

I look at him now, the way his hair is gently messed up and how he looks like he's just naturally pulled towards me. His hand is in between us, almost touching me, but not. I gently take his hand in my own, looking down at how large it is compared to my small one.

My head throbs thinking about the time I was without him. I think I just needed that time to realize how much I really did rely on him.

How much I really need him.

He's gotten me through so many tough times, and he's definitely always been there for me.

I just need to do the same.

Does he need me? I think, looking down when his hand subconsciously squeezes mine.

I swear he's listening in on my thoughts or something, I think, shivering. Outside it's probably 30 something, but in my room I always keep it around 67. Dropping his hand, I look over to the window and see the moon starting to set.

I haven't slept in 2 weeks.

Mitch stirs quietly, and I smile at him. He's cute when he sleeps. Not to be a creeper or anything.

I laugh silently, gently nuzzling myself into his chest. If he asked me to go back with him, I'd say yes.

***

"You two are so cute!"

I run my palm down Mitch's chest, groaning and opening my eyes. I see my mom in the doorway with her camera, snapping pictures of us. "Mother!" I yell, still half asleep.

She looks at me like I'm crazy. "What? I'm just taking pictures for your wedding."

"Mom!" I can hear Mitch chuckling, his hand sliding across my side under the blankets.

"You'll thank me later!" She squeals, turning and walking out of the room.

I sigh, resting my head on his chest again. "Jesus Christ.."

"What?" I can practically feel him grinning, and I shake my head, sitting up, then looking down at him.

"You're okay with this?" I raise an eyebrow as he pulls me onto his lap.

"Course I am. I always figured we'd get married and live happily ever after."

I grin down at him, not able to resist the urge to tease him. "Don't be such a girl."

"I can't have dreams?"

"Those are some girly dreams." I giggle quietly, my cheeks heating up with the mention of us getting married.

He suddenly becomes serious, reaching up and running his thumb across my cheek. "Bri, I don't want anyone but you."