Chapter 8: Determination is the key

Present

It has been a few weeks since Tom and I got back together, I'm not just doing my research on Adam anymore, no I'm doing it on his entire crew now, on Dirk and Adam and all of them because if you think about it he couldn't have done it alone. Meanwhile Nathan is having the best time of my life trying to get under Toms skin he actually did last week, I was at my locker. "Hey sugar, how was biology? I heard the professor was a real old hag I mean like real old!" Nathan seemed so interested in what he had to say that he actually thought I was interested, "Leave me alone, Nathan. I don't think you understand I don't want to talk to you."

Nathan grabbed my arm and was holding me close to him, he spoke very quietly and very slowly. "But you see Izzy I'm not gonna leave you alone, not until you break poor little Thomas' heart into a million and one pieces." Everything happened so quickly that it took me a couple seconds to properly apprehend what was going on. I knew that Tom was mad about how much Nathan was talking to me and how he wouldn't leave me alone but I never knew he was this mad, Tom had grabbed Nathan and threw him head first into the lockers.

"You need to leave my girlfriend alone right now Nathan! No matter what you say or how many times you say it you are not going to get in between us." Nathan was acting like a psychopath and was starting to laugh now with his blood pooling on the ground. People started to crowd around us and Jess ran over, fell to her knees and started addressing to Nathans nose bleed and head injury, her and I haven't been talking since she and Nathan started dating.

I took Toms hand and walked him away from the chaos and into the bathroom, he was still breathing heavily and I could see his heart pumping. As I cleaned the blood from his knuckles I quietly and slowly said to him, "I'm okay, it's okay. You don't need to fight these unnecessary battles. I love you and I love that you care so much but I'm okay."

"I'm just sick of that of that jerk messing with your life and making you feel uncomfortable. I saw the way he was holding you!" Tom was shouting and pacing up and down, I walked up to him and took his face in my hands, "He isn't getting under my skin, he's under yours." I kissed him on the cheek and turned around to get more tissue. I was extremely calm and quite at this point and Tom couldn't understand it, I saw it in the way he looked at me.

He was calm now and being his usual self, "Hey? What's that? What's on you arm?" as he said it he walked over to me, I didn't properly realise how hard Nathan was holding my arm and that it left a mark, not a permanent mark but still a mark. "It's nothing, don't worry I'm fine." I could see the fire in his eyes again, "Did Nathan do this to you? Huh? Did he hurt you?"

Tom tried to control his anger but he couldn't so instead he punched a dent into the paper dispenser, I could see it hurt by the way he was now holding his fist and from how red it was so I took a piece tissue, wet it and wrapped it around his knuckle. Unlike Tom I can keep my rage in check but I'm getting so close to finally nailing Adam and his crew for what they did to me and for the scars they left on me. I don't sleep anymore, I barely eat and I am putting everything into getting them for what they did. I am calm and controlled but I am determined.