Chapter 1: Thomas

Everyone has a secret. There is no lie to that. Some people don't even know they have a secret before it's too late, some secrets put your life on the line and some, well they put your boyfriend's life on the line. I was sixteen when we met, I honestly thought he was the love of my life and he thought the same for me, and because of that reason four years later I had to say goodbye.

Two years earlier

I've always known I was adopted, my mom told me on my thirteenth birthday and yes I have met my real mother, she was a piece of rubbish. I met her when I was eighteen and that was the biggest mistake I had ever made, a couple of my friends and I were at a club usual eighteen year old stuff and there she was this old, washed out, drunk, high on drugs fifty year old lady trying to be hot and hit on the bartender. I knew it was her because my adopted mom Jenny had shown me a picture of her. I refused to go up to her and meet her the fact that she was this childish and hadn't grown up yet made me love my real mother Jenny even more.

There was something I never told my mom, when she showed me that picture of my birthmother it wasn't the first time I had seen her, ever since I was eleven I had seen her around like for example after school when I was leaving I would see her just sitting there in her car or when I would go play soccer I could always see her in the far distance but she never came up to me, but I was still small and never knew I was adopted so I never suspected that she could be my birthmother. I told my parents quite a few times but they always thought I was being paranoid but this is the first time I've seen her since my mom showed me the photo over a four years ago.

She was with a man, I went on my tippy toes jumping around and squirming like a squirrel trying to get a nut, I was trying to see his face but I just couldn't. Then, I felt a hand slide across my back, a shiver went up my spine and a cold wind as if a window had just been opened, I turned around as slow as I possibly could but I didn't see anyone.

I must have zoned out again cause all of a sudden I hear my friends calling for me over and over again. Tommy had just arrived. I look over and see his big goofy smile then her rushes over swoops me off my feet and kisses me so hard that I could barely breathe, I felt as if I was home that everything was right in the world again. Then he looks into my eyes and says, "Please never ever! Let me go a week without seeing those gorgeous, sparkly eyes and those dimple and that incredible frizzy hair ever again."

For a minute just a minute everything had froze it was like one of those chick flicks where the background went pink and wind blew in his hair. "Never ever in a million years are you leaving my side again." as I said that I knew that I loved him, I don't know how I knew I kinda just did, it was this feeling that my whole body was shouting at me.

We had only been dating a couple months and this was the first time one of us had left and trust me I was in hell! Not seeing that big smile and wide eyes, not being distracted in class by him holding my had whenever the teacher wasn't looking and just not being near him drove me insane.

I heard Jake calling over to me so I turned around and saw him barrelling over, "Izzy babe, how you? I've missed you my bestie. How've you been darling?" and before you get any ideas Jake is my gay best friend. He's the sandy blonde shaggy hair type with blue eyes the kind most girls dream about. "Jake, yikes I've missed you! How was the guys trip? Did you and Tom go meet any cute girls or maybe even cute guys?"

I said it with a very suspicious look and grin on my face, Tom laughed then grabbed me and hugged me tight, he hugged me as if I were the only person in the world. That's how he made me feel most days, like I was the only person in the world and that I was everything he wanted in his life. We kissed a couple times for what felt like hours but according to Jess my absolute best friend in this world, "Ew! You guys kissed for like, EVER!"

She's probably the hottest girl in school and yet she has never even had a boyfriend, she says she is just waiting for the 'right one'. Before I met Tommy they called us the brunets in Bali not a very clever name trust me, they called us that because we were the only two girls In the grade who didn't have a boyfriend to take to the Bali themed dance our school held. So we took each other. I guess we were both looking for the 'right one' and trust me, I found him.