Chapter 4: The Doppelganger

Present

Ten years ago when I was about 7 or 8 there were a string of kidnappings in my city, all the children were technically 'doppelgangers' because they all were between 6-9, they all had brown hair, hazel eyes and olive skin and they all were girls. I was one of those kids. After the first four were taken they put patrol cars on every single kid matching that description in our city.

Although there were all these police he still managed to go right under their noses and get the kids. I was playing in my room and all of a sudden some giant man puts his hand over my mouth, I get lifted off the ground and I'm screaming, I'm screaming like I was being stabbed but he already had me, there was no point.

We were driving for what felt like hours until we finally got to an abandoned mansion, I guess he needed a mansion with all the kids he'd taken. All the bedroom doors had names written on them but there were no kids in the rooms. I got taken to a dinning room and there they were, all lined up in a row at the dinner table, scoffing down old probably expired food. We didn't stop and sit with them at the table we kept going and then we stopped at a door that with bold letters had my name "ISABELLA" spelt on it.

This man and all the other men had masks on, which was pretty smart because although we were little kids this was a traumatic event that we would never forget and especially never forget their faces if saw them. "I found her, Ro! I finally found her! Do you want to meet her?" the man was on his phone talking with someone I suppose named 'Ro' he was so ecstatic, so happy like he had just won the lottery, I knew what they were talking about though, they were talking about me. After he put down the phone he threw me into the room and left.

Later that night while I was sleeping I heard it. The main door crashing to the ground, gunfire everywhere, screaming children and just plain chaos. I didn't know what to do or what was going to happen to me so I hid under the bed. 5 minutes later I hear my door open and foot steps coming closer and closer to me, I knew it was a women because I could hear her high heels clicking on the ground, is this who Ro is? "Isabella Moriarty. Is that you? You are safe now, were here to get you out." I heard a kind gentle voice say and then she bent down to greet me with welcoming arms. The police had gotten a tip from some strange anonymous lady that we were there.

That man that was standing at the club with Nathan was questioned as one of the kidnappers as he was not there but that didn't stop the police from sending him to an insane asylum because while he was in custody he bit another mans finger off who was supposedly 'annoying' him. But after a couple years he was released. Now I know that I was just a little kid but to this day I can promise that the man who took me had the exact same voice as the man at the club, I just know it.