Chapter 4

ETHEN'S P.O.V :

It was a rainy evening .
Unaware of the recent turbulence at school , Ethen was dining at his deluxe room while he was drowned in the thoughts of the maiden he had laid his eyes upon that morning. He shook his head and chuckled at his sudden infatuation towards that golden-haired lady.

As he came back to reality by the clattering sound of his fork and knife , his butler handed him the phone with his gang members in call.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

He rested his head upon the rails of his bed as he put one feet over another and grinned at the fresher's audacity to have messed up with his gang. Upon hearing an adumbration of today's incident, he promised his mates to make that silly girl pay for her insolence.
" O my dear buds I m surely gonna make her taste the dust of my shoes" , he assured them....

JANE'S P.O.V :

As she made her way home from school with feelings of disgust regarding the first day, the sky shattered and rained shards of glass. She was staring at the overgrown ivy on the gates of her house when a glimpse of the crowd in the yard caught her sight.
.
.
.
.
.
The unfamilar ladies were throwing glares at her when the unaware Jane entered the house with wrinkles on her forehead. "Why is the house upside down with so many people crammed in?" her mind questioned her.
As the cries and moans of the house became audible to her...
.
.
She was flung into the deepest abyss of despair and hurt when she finally learnt that her grandma was NO MORE...

With the incident at school in the farthest corners of her mind, she became speechless with shock..

.
.
.
.

..after few weeks of hostile mourning ceremonies, Jane finally got a grip over herself to resume school. In such whirlwind of activities, she had totally forgotten that Ethen must be waiting to avenge for the humiliation of his friends.

She then chose a fresh pair of jeans and put on a matching tshirt, brushed her hair and wore her sneakers to match her oversmart personality.

But it all happened to be a contrast of what she had prepared herself for because Ethen and his clumsy pals were nowhere to be seen. She knew that those lousy idiots had some confidence in their tall claims regarding Ethen and that this shouldn't be considered as their defeat but the silence before a storm. This had gradually developed her deep-seated desire to meet him...

ETHEN'S P.O.V :

He was all suited and booted as he rolled up his sleeves and entered the school with great poise  the day after Jane's grandma died. He was in the form he is known for.

It had been long since the entire school had  witnessed another of Ethen's beastly fights. Those used to be the days when every guy shivered at the utterance of Ethen's name and every girl dreamt of Ethen as the only star in their sky.

Now it was time... to introduce the real Ethen before Jane. While Ethen awaited her arrival with great enthusiasm, making a laughing stock of her cowardice being late for the face-off, Jane never came....

One of the smart pants at school thought of a way to make a place for himself in Ethen's good books and earn some brownie points by showing him some captured images of that day's combat.
The photographs held a mighty girl, amidst a huge crowd, with her unbrushed golden hair flying in the wind and her tightly held fist on the broken nose of Mark, Ethen's best buddy. But......
.
.
.
.
To everyone's  surprise, this photo didnt boil Ethen's blood rather brought an enigmatic smile on his face. A smile that could be deciphered by none..

This was because the girl in the photograph was none other than the maiden of the sunlit morning.  The wild facet of her personality fueled his infatuation for her as she was once-in-a-million girl who chose rebel against dominance.
For Ethen, she was just another HIM..

As he recovered from his awkward smile, he realized that it was quite of a queer scenario for his friends to see him go lost in the image of a "GIRL".

He was thrown aback from his zeal of taking revenge. The only justification he provided for stepping back was "She isn't worth the attention" in an attempt to camouflage his feelings.

Will Jane ever know about Ethen's soft corner for her? How would this shape up the turn of events that fate has in store for them?