-

-

Baekhyun waited for Kris to catch up and open the door to his room since his hands were completely full. Kris insisted on Baekhyun going in first, which he eventually did. Baekhyun padded his way to a nearby table and let the bottles fall from his arms. He thought about leaving them the way they were—fallen and disorganized—but then he figured that Kris would complain to Chanyeol and Chanyeol would yell at him, perhaps even take Nugget away. In the end, Baekhyun organized the bottles wordlessly in a straight line.

"Did you prep this room by yourself, Baekhyun?"

Jolting at the sudden question, Baekhyun turned his head to Kris and nodded.

Kris took notice to Baekhyun's mute state and knew that it had something to do with Chanyeol. "You know, you can talk to me. He's not around." When Baekhyun shook his head, Kris shrugged. "Alright. That's fine, then. I'll just talk to fill in the silence."

Baekhyun wasn't really interested in what Kris had to say to "fill in the silence" so he tried to retreat out of the room and give Kris his privacy. Kris, on the other hand, called him off. "Yah, you're leaving? I thought you could help me get settled."

Baekhyun's eyes went to Kris' small suitcase. He sighed quietly and walked on over. Despite restraining himself from talking, Baekhyun's body language set off the signal that he was annoyed at the request.

"It's nothing much. Just take these to my bathroom," Kris said holding a small bag full of grooming essentials. As Baekhyun went off to do as he was asked of, Kris continued to talk. "Have you been here long, Baekhyun?" he asked even though he knew he wouldn't get an answer. "I don't think you've been here that long. I was here two months ago so you must be fairly new—oh! And thanks for the water. I was actually expecting Kyungsoo to bring them to me, but you were a nice surprise, too. I'm always happy to meet new people."

As Kris talked on and on, trying to coax Baekhyun with his nice side, Baekhyun stood in the bathroom, staring at his unimpressed face in the mirror.

There was a knock at the door and Kris took his sweet time opening it. "Did I not just see you?" Kris joked as Chanyeol pushed him aside. "If you're looking for Baekhyun, he's not here."

Chanyeol gave him a dangerous look for a moment before glazing over the room with Baekhyun nowhere in sight. Fully convinced that Baekhyun was indeed not there, Chanyeol mumbled out, "Sorry," before turning to the door.

He would have left the room, but the moment he touched the door knob, both Chanyeol and Kris heard the loud sound of bottles falling along with multiple thuds in the bathroom. When Chanyeol sent a glare at Kris' way, Kris just grinned and shrugged his shoulders. "I never said he wasn't in the bathroom."

Chanyeol was going curse, but instead he kept his mouth shut and stomped his way to Kris' bathroom. He let himself in, keeping a hand on the door frame. "What the fuck are you doing?"

Baekhyun turned his head back before continuing to pick up Kris' hair products off the floor. "Kris said he wanted these on that shelf, but it was hard to reach, Chanyeol," Baekhyun grumbled.

"Set them on the counter, then!"

Baekhyun groaned. "He said he didn't want clutter around the sink—that pretentious lanky tree," he mumbled. "He reminds me of a tree, Chanyeol. Not a beautiful tree, but like, one of the weird trees from Lord of the Rings..."

Chanyeol stepped forward and took Kris' hair products from Baekhyun's arms, quickly placing them on Kris' desired shelf. He thought he was finished, but then Baekhyun had to comment on the bottles' placement.

"Kris said he wanted the labels facing forward..."

Chanyeol frowned. "Since when the hell do you care about specifications? You don't even put sugar in my coffee when I ask you to."

Baekhyun raised his brows. "Isn't he some sort of business guest or something—"

"He doesn't deserve this big of a treatment," Chanyeol cut in. Grabbing Baekhyun's hand, Chanyeol began to tug him out the bathroom. "And I don't appreciate you taking orders for someone you don't even work for."

"I just figured that it's what you wanted me to do," Baekhyun shot back.

"Kris isn't that important," Chanyeol muttered.

When they emerged from the bathroom, Chanyeol locked eyes with Kris who raised his brows at the fact that Chanyeol was holding Baekhyun by the hand. Then Kris turned his attention to Baekhyun. "Did you do it right?"

Baekhyun didn't like the commanding tone of Kris' voice, voicing at him like he was just a servant. Chanyeol—whenever he ordered Baekhyun to do something— was different, but Baekhyun couldn't place his finger exactly as to why that was.

Before Baekhyun could address Kris' question, Chanyeol took care of it for him. "Your overly expensive shit's on the shelf— labels facing forward," he lied.

"I appreciate it," Kris called. "I like your maid, Chanyeol. He's obedient."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and shook his head when he pulled the door open. Releasing Baekhyun's hand, Chanyeol pushed him out of the room first before turning back to Kris one last time. "I'll see you tomorrow for work."

"What else am I here for? I'm here for business, not pleasure," Kris recited, smirking at Chanyeol.

"Exactly. Remember that," Chanyeol warned.

"Yep. Baekhyun—idiot, maid, fiancé—off limits. But you know what? I meant what I said about him being obedient, Chanyeol. He takes orders really well..." Just as Chanyeol was going to close the door, Kris couldn't resist. "I like that in a partner."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeeeeee :D !!! 

BTW guys, I made a youtube video of me reading NI ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZE9rvFA5I Pls check it out :D Like & Sub