Chapter 6 ~Secrets~

Soon Becca left to go find Joseph. But it wasn't that hard since everyone was surrounding the door of the room he went in to. "What's going on?" Becca asked but before she got an answer Joseph opened the door and said, "Becca come in." She hesitated but walked in before everybody else got in.

          Joseph closed the door and turned to her. "What did your boss say?" He didn't answer but instead changed the subject, "We can't find the creature, but we believe it's near the air shafts since that is the quickest way to go to all the rooms." "That's good to know, but I want to know what your boss said." He sighed and answered, "I can't say." "Just say it, we need any help we can get."

           He still didn't answer her question but walked around the room grabbing a few objects and setting them on the table near the window. "Joseph, you better fucking tell me what he said or I'll let you deal with the angry crowd outside that door!" "Fine." He took a seat while Becca still stand not wanting to sit. "My boss and I knew the creature was on the planet. The expedition wasn't to find the signal but to extract the creature and bring it back to Earth for testing."

         "What!?" Becca grabbed the front of his shirt. "You fucking knew that thing was there and yet you let us go!" She let go of him and walked around till turning back to him. "Because of you, Max is dead and that creature is loose!" "I know, I know I messed up," "Oh you did more than messed up!" Becca yelled cutting him off but he finished, "But you can't tell the others." "Why is that?" "Because if you tell them it will cause chaos and everyone won't trust me."

           Becca sighed looking back at the door then back to Joseph who had a pleading face on. She pinched the bridge of her nose and said, "Fine, I'll keep your secret, but sooner or later you have to tell them yourself." Joseph got up and hugged her and said,"Thank you, and I will when the time comes." He let go and Becca asked, "What will you tell the others when they ask you what your boss said?" He sighed, "I'll come up with something, but you should get some rest, we'll look for the creature tomorrow." She nodded and walked out of the room surprised to not see anyone there.

        She walked toward the bunkers seeing everyone sleeping beside the few who were scared out of their wits to sleep. Becca walked past the sleeping men and laid down in her own bunker not caring about changing out of her clothes into sleeping ones. She stared at the white ceiling above her going over what happened today in her head. But one thing she kept going back to was when the creature starred at her. Even though it had no eyes, she could tell it was looking into her eyes. But as her thoughts played in her mind, she slowly closed her eyes falling into a deep peaceful sleep.