Chapter 1: Fate Is A Joke

Copyright © 2011 sexy_love_panda

All RIGHTS RESERVED

Silver Bullets

Fate is a universal principle.

Many people believe in fate and destiny, accepting that destiny could have made them 'accidentally' bump into their 'one true love'. But maybe, just maybe, and I'm going on a limb here, it was just a big fat coincidence.

Obviously I'm not one of those people, but my oh-so-fabulous grandmother is and she accepts fate like it's the explanation for life. "Oh John died, well that must have been his destiny. What can you do?" That was my grandmother for you, no remorse. She just goes with the flow and accepts everything 'fate' throws at her. So when I was told I was being sent away to a 'special' school for people like me, you can guess how that went.

"People like me? What is that supposed to mean? Is there something wrong with me?" I ranted, pacing in front my mother. We had been going on since morning, we were both utterly exhausted. I stared at my mom's warn out face, the years have not been good to her. Her light brown eyes had been burn out and consumed be the darkness. Her brown was done in a tight bun making her look much older then she was. Her high cheek bones had cave in and sadness and agony was written all over her face, wrinkles and the wrinkle in the wrinkle had a grueling and excruciating tragic tale to tell. How could someone so young, look so old? Her body was different story, her baggy clothes hung on her bony like body. It was like a part of her died and all she could do was hang off the little life she had left.

"Well honey, people that need special help," My mom replied, trying to defuse the situation. Yeah like saying I needed special help was so much better. "I mean people with issues," - slap me in the face why won't you! -"People with anger issues, honey."

My mom wanted to send me to a place with deranged teenagers? In my opinion, a place for angered teenagers wasn't the brightest idea. I mean having adolescents with anger issues in one area, all equally pissed, was bound to be a disaster. Was I the only one that saw the logic in this?

"Honey, it will only be for a little while," my mom explained, attempting to calm me down. She was all ways this gentle, I wish she would get mad at me once in a while. The look of disappointment drove me insane.

"A little while?" I said in total disbelief.

"Yes, just until you get better, that's all."

"But there's nothing WRONG with me!" I roared. I hated how people kept telling me to 'get better' when there was obviously nothing wrong with me. My grandmother that chose that moment to walk into the game room and stand be my mother, scowling at me like always.

"Raven Conner! Don't you EVER speak to your mother that way." She reprimanded, wagging her finger at me in disapproval. I looked at her, she shook her golden blond hair at me and not one wrinkle dared to live on her smooth skin her skin. Her brown eyes shone with wisdom glared back at me. I felt ashamed and angry with myself; lately I had been getting way out of line. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and counted to ten so I could calm myself.

"Mom please reconsider, I'll get better. I-I-I won't scream or slam the doors when I'm angry. I'll stop getting into fights with my classmates, I promise." I said sincerely. "Mom please, just don't send me away to a boarding school." I got teary-eyed and begged her with my sad, betrayed puppy eyes.

I knew it was a low blow; she couldn't resist my puppy eyes. I was pretty sure it was working, but before she could give in my grandmother stepped in, knowing all too well that my mother adored me and didn't want me to go. The whole thing had been her idea and we both knew it.