Chapter 7: Consequences

Consequences

"There's almost nothing more beautiful than the morning sun, though I'm quite sure our son would vehemently disagree," Hidate Hiragazawa mused as he and his wife were driven home from their morning breakfast.

"He's never going to make any friends or learn to be a normal boy if you keep having switch schools, Hidate," Misako, his wife, commented. "And we never let him play outside, so of course he wouldn't like the sunlight," she continued.

"You know that Jason has never been a normal boy, Misako. There's no point in trying to disguise that fact now,"

"That's only because you let that scientist experiment on our son,"

Hiragazawa scoffed. "He was dying, anata. You know we had no other choice. Is he still taking his medications?" he asked.

His wife nodded. "Twice a day, in the morning and evening. We haven't had an episode in almost a year. He's really turning the corner," she explained.

The car came to a stop in front of their house. Misako stepped out of the car, while Hidate remained inside.

"Bring him by the office later. I would like to see him," Hiragazawa commanded before closing the door.

Mrs. Hiragazawa nodded, but she wore a certain sorrow on her face as she watched the black car that her husband was in pull out of the driveway.

Ω

It was Saturday morning and Cid was getting dressed to meet up with his friends. As he was rummaging through his closet for an outfit to wear, he looked up at the box he kept in the top of his closet. He chuckled and shook his head as he remembered what was inside it (his "costume").

After he had gotten dressed, he searched around the kitchen for something to eat. King was gone by now, as he always was, so it was usually up to Cid to find something to eat.

When he couldn't find anything substantial, he settled on an energy bar and headed for the door.

Ω

Ronnie demanded to spend some time at Castorini's, so the Italian ice store was their meeting spot.

"Hey Cid, guess what this week's spotlight is," Celine stated as she grabbed a newspaper off of the in-store rack.

"I wouldn't know, Celine," Cid stated. He felt a little sleepy today, and he couldn't figure out why.

"Who reads the newspaper anymore? Haven't you heard of internet?" Ronnie asked Celine as he ate his Italian ice.

"This section isn't on the... are you looking at my chest?" Celine asked.

"Of course not! I mean you have a totally awesome rack, but no! Why would I do that? And you can't even see through my sunglasses!" Ronnie told her with an embarrassed chuckle.

"I can see your eyes through your sunglasses, you creep," Celine stated.

"Hey... I'm not a creep... I'm a pervert..." Ronnie stated in defense.

"And you're proud of that?" Celine asked as she suddenly started laughing.

"Yes I am! I'm very proud of my perverteddom!" Ronnie shouted.

Celine then remembered why she was holding a newspaper in her hand. "So here's the spotlight," she stated, turning to the spotlight section of the newspaper.